Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Get to France

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
So I'm bored and thought I'd maybe sod off to France for a couple of days ..load up on flick knives tabs and booze and have a baguette...having not been to France since the nineties I'm not sure what the score is nowadays regards anything really , I'll be driving and taking a ferry cause I like that ...once there I'm scoobied so a little help would be cool , money not an issue though don't want to drive too far in France.. Like how long does it take to hit the south...obviously I also want to visit the louvre on way

What say you.

munduz

Birmingham Reflex
Dec 16, 2012
The Stone
Don't forget your beret, strippy jumper and string of garlic around your neck... Driving in France is easy but can be expensive if you stick to the toll roads.... I'd suggest going for longer than 2 days if your planning to hit the south, it's a fair trot... Also the French authorities have introduced new laws which permits all drivers to carry a high viz, a full set of bulbs and your own breathalizer in case you plan on drinking any of that French beer and getting behind the wheel... Apart from that, Bon voyage Monsieur

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
Buddy as much as I would applaud the effort nothing makes me puke more than the Brits being British abroad..apart from Brits being Brits in London...

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
Thanks for the heads up ..more likely to be wine and I always thought it was onions ;)

It's more a jolly than a holiday so maybe just Paris, hookers and red wine ...

Don't forget your beret, strippy jumper and string of garlic around your neck... Driving in France is easy but can be expensive if you stick to the toll roads.... I'd suggest going for longer than 2 days if your planning to hit the south, it's a fair trot... Also the French authorities have introduced new laws which permits all drivers to carry a high viz, a full set of bulbs and your own breathalizer in case you plan on drinking any of that French beer and getting behind the wheel... Apart from that, Bon voyage Monsieur

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
They've got some funny rules about having hi viz vests and a first aid kit or its a spot fine. Google that, I believe they target Brits just off the boat.

Reactions: Jim Jam

5chm3gz

Banned
Nov 28, 2012
Went last weekend to France and Belgium, was great to get away. France is mandatory breathalysers now. So you have to have either a disposable breathalyser or an electronic one in your vehicle or possibly face a fine. Hi vis, light deflectors, and warning triangle are also mandatory. First aid kit and fire extinguishers are recommended as there is a good samaritan law in Europe and you might need that equipment to assist someone.

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
Good to know ..if anything goes wrong ill play the Scottish card ..it's amazing how helpful
it is not being English when your abroad..

Reactions: outkastmike

munduz

Birmingham Reflex
Dec 16, 2012
The Stone
Thanks for the heads up ..more likely to be wine and I always thought it was onions ;)

It's more a jolly than a holiday so maybe just Paris, hookers and red wine ...
Onions, garlic, same sh*t when you decide to thread it and hang it around your neck ;)

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Targeting Brits straight off the boat is a nice little daily mail & sun fallacy, with certain exceptions with the types of Brits who often get the attention of police for same everywhere

Driving down to the south is possible but is a bit of a major trek, and at the moment you'd rely on good air conditioning for the journey to be survivable

On main roads decide on either paying tolls for ease of use or look for the alternative routes avoiding tolls, but on these you'll meet all the trucks etc. these are still better roads then ours

If you haven't already got a vest, triangle, first aid kit etc then buy something such as a halfords European travel kit. If you have a few of them then buy or borrow the remainder:
Gb sticker / magnet - unless you number plate has it covered
Headlamp converters
Warning triangle
First aid kit
Breathalyzer
Vest (for everyone in the car, and available - not buried in the boot)
Extinguisher & bulbs are not legal requirements but are recommended

For breathalyzers I understand the law had come into force, but fines are not yet implemented. So take your chances - spend a few pounds or take the risk

In Paris go down to pere la chaise and say hi to Jim morrisons grave, and there's a nice cafe around the corner