Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Getting a team into the tourny side of things?

Chris kitson

Banned
Jul 13, 2013
Hi guys,

Always been a query of mine to ask this, but how would one go about getting into tourny paintball, based in Birmingham and a regular at NPF, bassetts pole and have a 5 man woodsball team, not looking to give woodsball up however I would like to consider other tastes of paintball.

Things i'd like answering are like where would be best to start speedball?
Would we be playing others of our status?
How would we organise games?
What tournaments would be good to go to?

Any input would be appreciated lads

-Chris

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
Either of the two mentioned above would be a good start.
CPPS breakout event for players new to sup'air is held this coming saturday at Penkridge which is not far from Birmingham.
If you are unsure about playing this weekend, pop down and see what it is all about, ask questions, im sure there will be plenty of players who would help.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
the breakout division is probably my best recommendation because its designed specifically for people much like yourself. already seen some well established woodsball teams give supair a bash through this. other than that entering a low division in a tournament series is the place to start but obviously there will be teams there with the upper hand who may already have a bit of experience of supair and are just most comfortable in that division.

as far as organising games goes, so long as the tournament dates don't clash with any other events you attend (big games etc.) then there's nothing more to it. higher divisions may require you to put in a bit more training time but the lowest divisions are doable by just turning up on the day.

shoaibaktar

Jun 14, 2011
All that the above have said .If you want to try on your own and nervous about jumping in .Find another woods team ,go on the saturday of a CPPS event and you can train on a field ,against first timers .You will quickly realise that it is not rocket science but mega fun and then try the breakout div .Whichever way you go CPPS is the spot for midland based tournie balling .Ainsley will look after you .

shoaibaktar

Jun 14, 2011
5 people prepared to spend money on kit ,paint and entry . You will have a lot of fun ,get to meet a load of like minded people who will give you any and all the advice you need.Look on the "Tournament section of this site ,choose the series closest to you and contact the organiser. re Masters and CPPS ,Wendy Auton and Ainsley Baddley are good people who will welcome you and steer you into the appropriate division . Starting a paintball team is not that hard ,keeping it going is another thing. Talk to your team ,find a budget ,then play what you can afford.You can have a lot of fun without selling the farm,but keeping all your teamates on board can be a problem