Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Getting back into it!! 4 years out

PaDz

Padzmate
Jun 14, 2009
Shrewsbury
Hi lads n lasses! Just chucking up a post with the paintball community to help me out as I’ve been out of the sport for abit And gasping to get back into it! I’ve got a lot of my own kit still which is always half the battle but just looking to upgrade abit with markers and air tanks etc! So at current I have a dye nt 11 which needs a little tlc but with it age is it still as good as current markers out there? I’m looking to get at eclipse marker as wanting a change from dye! Maybe a etek if one comes available on here. And on air tanks, I’m more of a walk on day to start with so is it worth just getting a 3000psi basic tank or just spend abit more and get a 4500psi Which I know is lighter? Most days I went on they only aired upto 3000 so was no need for a 4500. Anyway any help would be appreciated

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Hi lads n lasses! Just chucking up a post with the paintball community to help me out as I’ve been out of the sport for abit And gasping to get back into it! I’ve got a lot of my own kit still which is always half the battle but just looking to upgrade abit with markers and air tanks etc! So at current I have a dye nt 11 which needs a little tlc but with it age is it still as good as current markers out there? I’m looking to get at eclipse marker as wanting a change from dye! Maybe a etek if one comes available on here. And on air tanks, I’m more of a walk on day to start with so is it worth just getting a 3000psi basic tank or just spend abit more and get a 4500psi Which I know is lighter? Most days I went on they only aired upto 3000 so was no need for a 4500. Anyway any help would be appreciated
For the gun - if it works then it will still hold it’s own.
Gun rate of fire and hopper feed rates have not changed, technology could squeeze out some more speed or efficiency but maximum ROF is capped

For the cylinder it’s up to you for preference.
Fills will still be mostly 3000psi except for certain events. If 4500psi fills are available then 3000psi fill stations will still be there

A true like for like 3000psi aluminium is heavier than the same sized 4500psi fibre.
BUT a ‘standard’ fibre is bigger than a ‘standard’ aluminium and the weight difference is negligible

Benefits of an aluminium are:
That they are a fraction of the cost, even if you dispose and replace instead of testing
If the site accepts it then aluminium’s can be used for 10 years without a hydro test
If you can get local testing then it may be cheap enough to make hydro tests viable, and then the cylinder could be used forever as long as it keeps passing and the regulator & burst disks remain good

Benefits of fibre are:
They are in assorted shapes and sizes
Can be comfortably used as a stock and rolled in your shoudler
Higher capacity if 4500 fills are available
Slightly higher capacity at 3000psi for the difference in ‘standard’ sizes at similar weights to aluminium
‘Ultra light’ fibre cylinders are much lighter than aluminiums
The ‘new’ international ISO standard has cylinders that never expire (subject to 5 year hydro testing )

PaDz

Padzmate
Jun 14, 2009
Shrewsbury
Ahhh thanks Tom (y) just wanted to see if anything major has changed! Will probably just get a basic 3000 for abit and move onto 4500 later as you say it’s easier rolling on your shoulders. As for the marker that’s all good(y) but there is always room for more of them in the kit bag! Cheers for the info

PaDz

Padzmate
Jun 14, 2009
Shrewsbury
Also I know it’s abit stupid but how do I get enough privileges to be able to message on buy and sell? The forum has changed abit and I did use to have privileges on here as this is were I bought my last marker from. So had a look round but can’t seem to find the right info on getting more privileges?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Also I know it’s abit stupid but how do I get enough privileges to be able to message on buy and sell? The forum has changed abit and I did use to have privileges on here as this is were I bought my last marker from. So had a look round but can’t seem to find the right info on getting more privileges?
It’s restricted for new members, and you probably ‘lost’ the privilege due to having had it before the rules changed

Instant privileges can be gained in the account upgrades with Platinum membership, automatic privileges are gained by making 20 posts across approx 2 to 3 weeks
Sometimes admins feel like being nice and can make a tweak for past members

ant290

BOOOOM!
May 15, 2007
Southampton
ant290.wixsite.com
Hey! welcome back!

If you knew how to look after that NT properly before... then it will certainly hold its own now without you feeling behind at all. If you didn't (and still don't) then there are more manageable platforms now for sure :)

you are in a really good location for UK paintball so take a look around at CPPS, Skirmish, PPK (they all seem to have a lot of presence online).

I'd say its worth going for a 4500 bottle just because of the ergonomics.

Reactions: PaDz

PaDz

Padzmate
Jun 14, 2009
Shrewsbury
Cheers for the info boys (y) well I’m gunna get the NT a service and go from there! It worked well for me before I stopped playing. Worse thing is I sold my 4500 as It needed testing etc and wasn’t playing so wish I bloody kept it now. Haven’t seen many bottles on here so will have to wait until one pops up.