Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

getting fit

noodles19

Jun 13, 2006
Norfolk
ok i need to get fit again so i can do some major running about in the field anyone got some tips that could help me get fit quickly?

eastie

SoManc. Live Forever.
Apr 13, 2006
SoManc
www.myspace.com
Erm, try all different exersises like push ups, pull ups, sit ups.

Even bike riding is quite exersising, try and go for a big bike ride, maybe that will work.

If you pm Andy_steele on these boards, hes a fitness instructor who works at the NQ so he should be able to give you some good tips.

Hope this helps, eastie:)

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
Running's great ;)
Lampost running seems to be working for me (jog, sprint, jog sprint etc); I tried it with light weights yesterday & I still managed 3 9 1/2min miles
or cycling

we've got an indoor climbing wall close to us; it's really good for toning your arms and getting upper body strength etc.

Running general fitness, cycling legs, climbing/weights/pressups for arms/situps for stomach

Karlito

"Acta Non Verba" - London Fearless Massive
Apr 19, 2005
Brentwood, Essex
A training regime that my buddy has me started on that lasts about 25min roughly and works on pushups, sit-ups and jogging all together...he calls it MEL!??!
anyways works like this:
if you take the top half of a football pitch- start from the halfway line and jog up and around the top and down to the other half way line- during this you stop at designated points; these points being the first corner you come to, the second corner you come to and the other half line and back through all points again and again....at each point you do the physical excercise, ie push ups and sit ups. however at each point you reach, you increase the number of each reps by one so example of this:
run from halfway line to the first corner- do one push-up and one sit-up and jog to next corner then do two push-ups and two sit-ups etc etc
now the idea is that you build up to 20 of each, and then you count back down so 1 too 20, then 20 too 1.
i started this excercising a short while ago and got up to lvl 10 and i was done for the day! so i recommend you start easy and build your way up gradually....
but this way you do a lot of workout in one go.

Bob

www.inlinewalking.com
Oct 12, 2005
Aberdeen
www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk
eastie said:
Even bike riding is quite exersising, try and go for a big bike ride, maybe that will work.
It is good but to get full effect you need to cycle for ages & find some good hills. Suicide runs and norman runs (1.5 & 3 miles) & try and imporve you time. Aim with the 1.5 for 9 mins and 30 seconds or less thats what you need for the paras and if you do it without a need to quikcly pass out then kudos.

Strengthing your knees (and legs) will also help.

Sup air is quite explosive movement rather then a constant level so try beep tests or again suicide runs so you change direction. Can remeber who it was but someone on here said they did 1/4 mile sprints. If you can do then then in game sould be now worries.

After all that talk but fitness i'm off for a beer n to watch telly :)

Andy Steele

P8ntball isn't a sport
Sep 2, 2005
manchester
if your seriously unfit then id start on a tread mill (personally i think there ****e and are not a true relection of a normal run but thats just me) its not that harsh of a work out and it will get your leg, abdomen and your cardiovascular system working.

then when you feel comfortable make a circle using the streets round your area starting and ending at your house and run it (time yourself to so you can compare times after say a month or so) make sure you go at your own pace after about 10 mins of running you will find yourself at a pace where your breathing isnt heavy and it feels as though you can run indefinately. stay at that pace.

if the route you are running gets easy then make it bigger. if your legs dont ache in the morning then you havent done enough and if you feel paralised in the morning then shorten your route coz if you do to much to soon then you'll only injure yourself.

for agility then id recomend sprints set out say 5 cones in a row equally spaced away from each other( say 5 paces) have a starting point then basically run to each cone as fast at you can making sure you touch it with your hand or to encorperate it in to paintball then have your marker in you hand and touch each cone with the barrel of your gun.

hope this helps, its what id do.

steeley

p.s if you find yourself getting bored then take an mp3 player out with you and listen to music, i do it and i find it takes your mind say your achin muscles and so on

section 8

doggy dog...
Feb 24, 2006
southampton
Visit site
Ollz said:
even better run around the block with u marker shooting that way it gets your leg muscles up and ur running and shooting although i think its slightly illegal and u might just have to run from the coppers

if you do this, take a cheeeeeeaaaaappppp marker with you so they only take that one!!! and also be prepared for a little break in a cell... might not be so good explaining to parents that you got picked up running around with your marker and scared the old lady down the road!!!!