Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Getting hit in the knackers

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
I saw a pic once of some dudes ball that had taken quite a close hit. Looked like it had been slammed in a car door, chewed by a goat, or something.....Must have spoilt his day big time

TenaciousM

U sure got'a purdy mouth
May 25, 2003
Somewhere but no one cares
Visit site
if you goto a good cricket store (there is some real good online stores) you can get some fetching pants that have a pocket in the front for your box, you just slip it in there and roberts you mothers brother box is nice and secure no danger of it slipping anywhere or trapping your pods. most proffesional cricketers wear a box at all times wether batting, bowling or fielding. they slide jump and run pretty much the same as we do when we play and you dont see them nipping thier nuts on a daily basis.
again the pro's far out way the cons imho.

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Dye slide shorts come with a pocket that holds a thin stiff foam protector.
I cut out 2 pieces of cardboard then wrapped electrical tape around this 'sandwich'. This creates a hard armour that fits in the slide shorts pocket. However as it is now a hard piece of armour I found that the reverbarations of a direct hit would go straight through to my nads so I backed the protector with some 1/2" foam. Sorted!

NZFrodo

Apr 15, 2004
Wellington, New Zealand
Visit site
Protect your NUTS

Yo the best thing to protct your sacks and keep them sweat free at the same time is to wear boxers and steal/borrow one of them small hand/face towels from a hotel (generally your playing a tourney and staying in a hotel of some sort) and put one half on the inside of your boxers and drape the other half on the outside down the front of your boxers.
absorbs sweat so you dont get chaffing. AND if you get shot, 1. the ball should bounce and 2. you wont feel bugger all.

Thats what I do anyway, I HATE wearing a cricket box.

Jono

Pureball

NSPL Ref
Oct 10, 2004
Devon, UK
Visit site
yeah well getting literally bunkered in the balls is something not worth experiencing...one can only imagine lol. team mate of mine HAS experienced it, and we all saw it happen. you sort of drop like liquid.

marshaling is tough aswell sometimes. damn hybrid pants dont really work that well, as i was shot in the nads as the ball went BELOW the groin padding....and that did drop me lol...ironic that it was a girl that shot me...

stark

Apr 25, 2003
London, UK
tamber.com
I got hit in the nads while marshalling on Sunday. Was wearing sliding shorts with a foam protector, and towel.... I still jumped about a foot in the air.

Thankfully no bruise though.

JamieD

SZ Mafia
Dec 12, 2003
Carlisle
www.szpaintball.proboards.com
i got mugged in that region and the guys gun went full auto :eek: :( definatly not something i want to experience again i can tell you that, luckily i was in a nealing down possition in a small brick so the pants were lifted and absorbed the first 3-4 shots but but the other 3 i got the full impact :( :(

LOL that would be ghetto.

Ive been playing paintball almost 8 years, and in that time I have been hit in the crotch a few times. Every time it has just bounced off the crotch of my trousers and barely impacted in the vital parts.

Maybe Ive just been lucky...

The way I look at it, is a box stops you running fast and wont cause a bouncer when you get hit there...