Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Getting New Barrel

AlexMcAlpine

P8ntballer TeamSpeak Mod
Hi there, I'm getting a new barrel to replace what I use at the moment.

At the moment I use a Smart Parts 20" Tactical Barrel
(http://www.shop.justpaintball.co.uk/aca ... arrel.html)

And basically although it looks good and is very quiet. I'm not happy with the amount of extra air that is required to use this barrel, nor am I the range.

So basically I want to replace this with a barrel that will give excellent accuracy at range. I'm thinking that maybe the SP Progressive or the Apex barrel will be a good bet but what do you think will be best for what I need?

(The marker is a SP Ion)

EDIT: From earlier advice and recent internet browsing I am thinking about getting the Python Compression System (£45) and the BT Apex Barrel (£60) Any comments?

benjy85pb

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2008
West Sussex
The BT Apex will defiinitely give you excellent range and you can keep the barrel length respectively short. However, it's not the most accurate from what I've seen. It's not hopeless, but there's a little room for improvement.

A friend of mine brought that Python thing, he didn't like it very much, he said that he got a lot of ball breaks, even with the largest bore. But he plays supair so he's used to firing a heck of a lot of paint in a day compared to normal rec days.

But honestly, I'd say go for a Freak Barrel set up, like the Freak Junior kit from Fatbobs or something because then you can buy any inserts you'd like seperately as well as buying a BT Apex front tip. Because then you can swap the around the two different tips to suit different styles of play.

Rick O Shay

Sep 15, 2008
Ive found the DYE U/L works for me. Doesnt get the distance of a flatline or apex, but it is nice and accurate