Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Getting Serious

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
People should do this. Paul especially would provide incredible value. If I were an ambitious team captain, I would even be tempted to create a new team from the people that attended the class, as at least those have shown a desire to learn and the ability to free up time and cash to improve their performance. Those are the types you want on your team after all...
No offence to the people that struggle to afford to play - it IS expensive - but in the UK, where team support is thin, a successful team should be comprised of individuals that do have the resources to practice and play, otherwise the project is doomed to failure. Of course, it would be nice to assemble the team with the most talent, irregardless of whether they could afford to play, but this just isn't practical. Perhaps it's better to take people with the time and cash to play, and then practice, practice, practice.

StubbsPKS

Din Eidyn
Sep 21, 2011
Edinburgh
www.DinEidynPaintball.com
Perhaps it's better to take people with the time and cash to play, and then practice, practice, practice.
This is our approach to it for this coming season. We had a large number of players last season and every event had a different squad playing. This season, those that couldn't make it due to Uni, jobs, or cost have stepped down to make room for newer players who can make the commitment.

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
This is our approach to it for this coming season. We had a large number of players last season and every event had a different squad playing. This season, those that couldn't make it due to Uni, jobs, or cost have stepped down to make room for newer players who can make the commitment.
If a team clinic was held specifically for your team, how many would attend?

Which would be the most convenient location for you for it to be held at?

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Bolter, you are right. And I think that is the reason for the short shelf life of many players.

But the type of clinic I am suggesting will not be expensive for an individual to attend.

Put it this way, would a player who has committed to a full season in the MS baulk at paying £50 to attend a clinic which would be a game-changer?
I know this! If this service was even remotely available, when I was trying to make my mark, I would have probably downgraded to beans on toast with curry powder to afford it.

Im not not advocating this type of thing at all. Ive attended a couple myself and both times they changed the way I played. They are invaluable, and to be honest, if you can afford it, you are stupid not to attend one if you or your team are serious about this game in any way.

Baca Loco always has my utmost respect. If you were to say he is THE Coach, you probably wouldnt be far wrong.

Twizz ECI

London Tigers 2
Jan 8, 2003
Crawley
I know Markie c has tried to get Paul over here, but there was lack of interest, no surprise there then!!!!

When the Tigers Relentless team plays PSP World Cup we always hire him in and he is the Man!!!! When he talks, you listen that is for sure

If players want him, I will get him to come over, it's not cheap to get him over but trust me it would be bloody worth it

Tony Harrison

Mar 13, 2007
Twizz, head on nail.

Markie is the man when it comes to organizing clinics, I went to the XSV and Dynasty clinics at NQ, and they were bloody good.

Numbers and player apathy are the stumbling block, but I may have a solution to the numbers issue.

Stay tuned for Paul's availability and prices.

Tony Harrison

Mar 13, 2007
And how many player left playing in the UK give a **** about training ? 10/15 teams ? Back when there were clinics everyone wanted to be trained, and there were alot of players. Now you just wasting your time.
Quite. And that is why we do so badly in the MS. If teams want to get better, they need to be trained by a world-class coach.

Otherwise, people might as well spend their money on some good holidays, rather than throwing it away it on playing a season in the CPL.

For example, Disruption finished 10,12,14 & 10 in the 4 MS events in 2012, giving them 13th overall in the CPL.

Hardly the time to start giving medals out, is it?

Last edited: