Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Getting started

Slipmatt

May 19, 2020
Anyone got any advice to someone keen to start up speedball/paintball. I live in Dorset England and there are lots of venues but more for hen and stag parties. I would like to get into it as a hobbie but dont want to start buying all the gear with no idea any help would be greatly appreciated

ant290

BOOOOM!
May 15, 2007
Southampton
ant290.wixsite.com
Hi Slippy, welcome to the forum!

Dorset actually has a couple of places to go where you won't need to be bundled in with the stag do!

if you are keen to get started, i would honestly just find a site that has walk-on days and just go to one. there will be players there who will take you in and show you everything there is to stop you having to go searching for it all on your own.

Where abouts in dorset are you? Skirmish Dorset (Bare Regis) has a local team called the Dorset Skirmishers. there is also a team called the panthers (dorset panthers?).

If you are further towards Hampshire, then there is a Sup'air field at Paintball South, https://www.facebook.com/groups/1521560694762875/ which has a really good community.

there is also a few teams seeming to spring up in /around bristol ( I know thats not dorset).

Last edited:

Slipmatt

May 19, 2020
I am in blandford so close to bere regis. I didn't realise they had walk on days so thats helpful. Its also a minefield with kit especially the marker/gun i dont mind spending some money but want the best for my buck. Ive shot loads and have played paintball so know i will love it but wouldn't have a clue when it comes to brands and something suitable for a newbe. I would travel to venues its obviously just not ok right now. Can you use full auto in uk? Thanks for your help

ant290

BOOOOM!
May 15, 2007
Southampton
ant290.wixsite.com
"Full Auto" is not used in the UK. but we do have an automatic mode (commonly known as ramping) where the marker will automatically increase the rate of fire once your fingers hit a certain speed on the trigger. it requires a maintained speed on the trigger to keep it going, so if you hold the trigger down, or let go it will not continue to fire.

https://www.facebook.com/SkirmishDorsetWalkOns/ should let you know when the next walk on is.

honestly, just pop along to an event somewhere not too far from you and i'm sure you will find players who will welcome you along.

Reactions: Slipmatt
Oct 20, 2019
Frome
Paintball South is a good venue with great people. Walk on on last Sunday of the month and sup air in mean time. Search for paintball South walk-on group on Facebook. Highly recommended