Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Getting the local press interested

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by Hatts
There is no argument of UK v's the rest of the world. My goal is to raise the standard of UK paintball so that we can take it to the rest of the world.
I dont think that that is your goal, as it is hugely impractical. Nobody else in the world is going to care if Skegness are playing Blackpool for the PA cup, your goal is going to be what you can do to make the most prifit firstly, and secondly to try to raise the profile of balling.

God job though, keep it up:)

Ronniepimpstar

Factory Paintball
Dec 7, 2003
Factorypaintball.co.uk
Well Done

I think you deserve a pat on the back Hatts!
It seems to me you are genuinely trying to raise the profile of this sport in a manner most u.k. ballers would appreciate! I loved the PA cup and I was a mere spectator (wasn't good enough for the mighty Mancunion team this time) Really appreciate the PBUK magazine and am looking forward to playing the PA League! Especially if it is going to be on skysports as then maybe the lads down the Boozer may understand why I am so addicted to playing this "Sport", not because I am a premaddona who wants to get on T.V. (there is a reason I wear a mask!)

But hey I just love to play PaintBall, What do I know???

Peace and Love

Ronnie

Tom Tom

Damn you ALL
Jul 27, 2001
Waterlooville
www.thinkingfortuesday.com
On the TV point as Hatts has said when I signed up to this we had no idea about TV and Sky Sports.

But I guess there will be those who want 15 Mins of Fame, but these guys will edit the footage so I expect you wont see all the crad if people look like idiots.

And TV is a second point to me, (OK its nice to tell people) but we want to try and play as best we can and get a good result,

I am leaving it here and will say i agree to disagree,

But I am all for ANYONE who can promote paintball to others who have not seen what we see and enjoy.

Originally posted by sjt19
I dont think that that is your goal, as it is hugely impractical. Nobody else in the world is going to care if Skegness are playing Blackpool for the PA cup, your goal is going to be what you can do to make the most prifit firstly, and secondly to try to raise the profile of balling.

God job though, keep it up:)

Prifit? :D Making loads of prifit...not much profit in it tho I'm afraid...

Really, and this might sound daft (and no matter what I say some people will say I'm lying but that's their choice) but we really are doing this for the love of the game...If I happen to become a millionaire out of it so much the better :D...but that isn't and never has been my first goal.

When we started all the this one of the first things I said was "if I can raise the profile of the sport by 10% and get 10% more people intrested then EVERYONE will be 10% better off" OK pretty ropey maths I know but I think you get the idea...

Oh and you're absolutely right...it is hugely impractical...but if it works then so much the better :D

Pete,

I've been explaining it, over and over again for the last 16 months...I'm starting to feel like a stuck record (note for the youngsters... that's a really old type of CD)

I've written & spoken reams on the matter and I really don't feel like sitting and writing yet another essay on the same subject...especially as every time I do it here it seems one or another individual takes great delight in accusing me of everything from "bearing false witness" to heresy...

All the information is freely available, if you want to chat about it I'd be pleased to.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Hatts
Pete,

I've been explaining it, over and over again for the last 16 months...I'm starting to feel like a stuck record (note for the youngsters... that's a really old type of CD)

I've written & spoken reams on the matter and I really don't feel like sitting and writing yet another essay on the same subject...especially as every time I do it here it seems one or another individual takes great delight in accusing me of everything from "bearing false witness" to heresy...

All the information is freely available, if you want to chat about it I'd be pleased to.
All I wanted was clarification of whether the 'taking it to the rest of the world' meant taking the game of paintball to people outisde of paintball or are you talking about the teams who participate being able to compete better with international teams?