Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

GiMilsim Press Release

Piper

Administrator
Nov 25, 2001
Planet Piper away from you freaks!
it was just an example piper, it has to do with .50 and being a player of paintball. the money is the paintballs and the person is the player.

as a player it is a bad thing, yes you can say its your own fault if you shoot all your paint, but being able to carry everything in one go dosent help.

as a dealer this will be great as people will only have 2 choices, buy more or go home.
People have X amount of cash so if they shoot 50 cal or 68 it makes no difference, if they have £50 to spend on paint that's what they will spend.

gambo47

Jun 20, 2007
scotland
www.youtube.com
I will soon have a Micro and will shoot it so long as I can afford to...Piper is spot on..
you can only spend a pound once and the .50 cal may well allow me to play at times when I may not have done with .68. I win! Site wins! :)

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
it was just an example piper, it has to do with .50 and being a player of paintball. the money is the paintballs and the person is the player.

as a player it is a bad thing, yes you can say its your own fault if you shoot all your paint, but being able to carry everything in one go dosent help.

as a dealer this will be great as people will only have 2 choices, buy more or go home.
Wait - I thought people were saying that being able to carry more WAS a help.
I'm sorry, but however many paintballs you shoot, or take onto the field at any given time, is up to you. If you shoot more paint than you wanted to, thats your fault, not the fault of the paintball you're shooting. If you seriously have no control over stuff like this, then I should be selling you weed. I would be able retire if I had 10 guys like you.

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
People have X amount of cash so if they shoot 50 cal or 68 it makes no difference, if they have £50 to spend on paint that's what they will spend.
If they choose to, yes. But if they have a nifty in their pocket and don't want to spend it all on paint they also have that option. If they have no control over their wallet then what does it matter what size the balls are, they are still going to blow their wad.

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
I think that's the main problem for people who have already invested in .68 (as opposed to new players).

.50 isn't cheap enough to make sense for me. I play once a month tops a usually shoot a box in a day. I've got five .68 markers which I've collected over the years which cover the whole range of play from stock class pump play to tournament.

To swap to .50 I'd need a new marker, new loader and new barrel kit - say £400 for those three as a conservative estimate. According to the figures quoted on here, tournament grade .50 is £7/box cheaper than equivalent .68 paint (both retail prices).

To recoup my initial £400 investment would take almost 5 years before I started saving money and I'd be using marginally inferior paint for that whole time.

It might make more sense for new players, gun whores and people who shoot a lot more paint, but not for me.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
True, but I expect there will be plenty of people making the switch to ensure fiddy cal will have a future. I also expect 68s to be around for quite some time yet.

Unless fiddy cal will be "enforced" on the tournament scene by having all the sponsored teams switch to that standard, we might even see sort of a divide between tournament and recplayers, with the latter shooting A LOT more fiddy cal than the first. At the moment that is after all what it seems to be aimed at anyway. I mean, the company is called GI MilSim for a reason... ;)