Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

GiMilsim Press Release

Chicago

Jan 31, 2005
Visit site
That being the case, I would think a 50cal'd big game player would pay for the high end box considering it has a range advantage over the lighter/cheaper variety.
Why wouldn't a player who is willing to pay for better performing paint just pay for a .68 cal ball?

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
True, but I expect there will be plenty of people making the switch to ensure fiddy cal will have a future. I also expect 68s to be around for quite some time yet.

Unless fiddy cal will be "enforced" on the tournament scene by having all the sponsored teams switch to that standard, we might even see sort of a divide between tournament and recplayers, with the latter shooting A LOT more fiddy cal than the first. At the moment that is after all what it seems to be aimed at anyway. I mean, the company is called GI MilSim for a reason... ;)

BOOM!!!!!

I think tourney ballers need a short sharp reminder of just how small a percentage of paintballers they actually represent. Fiddy cal doesn't NEED tourney ballers yet it is still catering to them.

goldenelite0

Jul 1, 2009
[qoute]Having sold more paint than most teams will go through in a lifetime, I can safely say that the avarage Joe Recballer just wants cheap paint to have fun with. Sure there are exceptions to this rule, but Joe Recballer does not frequent this forum. He also[/quote]

I agree that your Joe Recballer will only want a cheap paint to have fun with... but why does that mean they'll go for 50cal? They're the least likely demographic to buy it in my opinion. They won't want to spend more money when they've already got a 98, they're also the most likely group to stick with whats tried and tested. So really that milsim 50cal stuff ought to be accurate for the milsimmers, not the recballers that won't use it.

Maybe I'm alone but I'm a scenario player and I always go for the good paint. If I had a 50 gun I'd get the 50 tourney paint too.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
I agree that your Joe Recballer will only want a cheap paint to have fun with... but why does that mean they'll go for 50cal? They're the least likely demographic to buy it in my opinion. They won't want to spend more money when they've already got a 98, they're also the most likely group to stick with whats tried and tested. So really that milsim 50cal stuff ought to be accurate for the milsimmers, not the recballers that won't use it.

Maybe I'm alone but I'm a scenario player and I always go for the good paint. If I had a 50 gun I'd get the 50 tourney paint too.
You'd have a point if it weren't for the fact that Joe Recballer is also the group with the largest number of new additions to the game. And they are easily drawn into the new standard. All it takes is a salesman.

Dexter

old skool!
Nov 3, 2008
so basically .50 is being markated at people who dont know any better? as currently is seems to be an inferior product.

gambo47

Jun 20, 2007
scotland
www.youtube.com
I'm a tournie player that is buying a .50 cal micro to give it a shot, to let others see for themselves and to be able to run around the field with no pots on some occasions just a full hopper. On other occasions I will revert to using my .68 Ego. I have a choice and there are many opinions on here that are shouting one way or the other..
I will be using both calibres and for a while will be able to comment from experience and not conjecture.:)

Dexter

old skool!
Nov 3, 2008
thats fair enough :D if i had the cash to buy a .50 marker i would love to get one just so i could test it out.

Dexter

old skool!
Nov 3, 2008
yeah its tempting :D but unless there are major benefits from switching to .50 then i wont be doing it just yet.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
so basically .50 is being markated at people who dont know any better? as currently is seems to be an inferior product.
Can't tell you yet. At this moment I have never used any Fiddy Cal, top range or el cheapo paint, nor are there a lot of guns available yet.

And not knowing any better is a bit of an overstatement I'd hope. I'm pretty sure that anybody with half a brain will realise that the gun that costs as much as a small country's GNP will more likely than not outperform a made in China piece of plastic you got free with a coupon.
So let's just call them less demanding people. :)