Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

GiMilsim Press Release

Oct 5, 2002
Sauf Koast
Will there be a smaller loader made for 50c carrying the same amount of paint as 68? People are forever banging on about making their setup lighter. Perhaps carrying 100 shot pots instead of 140s?

Thib

Nov 26, 2008
Newcastle
You'd have a point if it weren't for the fact that Joe Recballer is also the group with the largest number of new additions to the game. And they are easily drawn into the new standard. All it takes is a salesman.

Here is all we need,
the choice depend of shops,
I'm afraid if shops want to sell .50, they will ..
Whatever the "old" paintball player is.
Lot of new people are starting every day and ask evertything to shops, and if shop sell him .50 caliber, they will take it.
.50 could be the BEST, if shops/salesman don't want to sell it, it won't happened; opposite is true ...
Nothing else to add :)

STONESOLDIER

Planet Eclipse
Mar 4, 2007
Manchester, Stretford
the way i saw 50cal when it first came out was i hated it.

but thinking about it IF ITS CHEAPER and it was introduced into the scenario market brilliant lots of paintballers cheap day less pain go home with a smile on your face

and then if they want to get started in the tournies they get introduced to big events big ball

where did lewis hamilton start before he got his F1 car (go-Karts)

thats what i think should happen, begginer punters dont care what size ball they shoot as long as its cheap and the gun shoots the way its suppost too

i hear it all day long at planet , new to the sport they had a great day but ****ing expensive and it well hurts

Stoney

Planet Eclipse

goldenelite0

Jul 1, 2009
IF ITS CHEAPER
Unfortunately it's not. Infact I think the tourney paint is a fiver more than .68 is...

At least those are the prices for now. But I doubt they would have any reason to lower them.

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
as i see it the main benefit of .50 is the 4 joules impact force which should mean more parents allowing there kids to play and people who dont like welts/the pain some .68 balls leave to play more often which should help the sport grow again.
I can certainly see that being a benefit in rental play, but not for tournaments for the simple reason that deciding to go .50 doesn't mean your opponents will.

So you'll be firing nancyballs which people can't feel, while the other team are dishing out some .68 pain in return. Which will lead to players either giving up, or junking their .50 and going .68 with everyone else.

It all seems a bit of a moot point anyway - as all of the hype has vanished and it seems to be a stillborn format already, the half-dozen posts in this forum in a month hardly bodes well for mass adoption.

Piper

Administrator
Nov 25, 2001
Planet Piper away from you freaks!
Unfortunately it's not. Infact I think the tourney paint is a fiver more than .68 is...

At least those are the prices for now. But I doubt they would have any reason to lower them.

I have said this before but I will say it again....... When you compare the paint prices you have to make sure you compare the same materials. All the 50 cal paint is made with PEG, a lot of paint on the market now is made with oil or startch which are cheaper than Peg, hence the vast difference in paint prices.

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
piper you can say as many facts as you want
but all the hype as not been backed up
where are all the products i:e markers ,hoppers etc etc
they are not in the stores
would it not been wiser to get your products ready to go before all the hype
because from were most customers are sat it looks like aload of bs

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Don't sweat it.

50 cal is coming, and it will find its place in paintball.

If it doesn't, then a bunch of guys will get fired.

That's all there is to it, really.

:)