The Home Of European Paintball

Girls do you wanna play??

MrPink

Banned
Aug 15, 2002
Cook$ mom's house
www.ltpaintball.com
^^^ What he said.

I do find some comments extremely amusing tho, esp. the ones about Girls used to being protected by Guys and that's why they aren't as good at PB :rolleyes: :p

Somebody tell the Mitchell brothers that their real-life Girlfriends need protecting :D

P.s Much love to ALL female ballers - the amount of sexist crap that hangs around paintball makes the Army look like a feminist meeting!

P.p.s Big love to FLC :D

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
Originally posted by rental
Why do guys think they rule this sport, why are the only girls at tournaments attached to their boyfriends and not on the field.
? me, Julie Phillips, Gups, the (many :p ) fallen angels, FLC, the girls on WCU and lots more; there's a few about
i bought myself into the sport thank god looking at this :p http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37157&highlight=wussy

I dont think the physiological differences between M & F players matter Quite as much up until around top of Div 2 & up, then you would see more marked differences in speed, agression & reaction times. Below this I feel not as much extra effort is needed to 'keep up' with the guys, but above this level women have to train as hard as and even harder, than men, to keep up to a similar level of fitness and skill.

Psychological differences, yeah I agree women may be a little less agressive than men; but not that much. this disappears with training probably as I used to be much less agressive and confident on field but this has improved.

adrenaline: can't possibly imagine being more psyched up when I play, the downer after Ive finished a game live (esp if I hung the flag) is palpable; i feel sick my heart is hammering & breathing is ragged, hell if i had anymore I wouldnt be in control its fine as it is

I am as good as an average male & my age (17) & speed gives me an advantage/allows me to keep up, whatever. I keep up with the guys on my team I think, I have good marker skills & my fingers are quite fast. I have ok field vision, recognize lanes & utilize blindspots. just in the area of speed; I am a slower runner definately (than the guys my age & younger, Im definately faster than the 40y/o guys with a fag under their flex & jst come from the burger bar) but if I train more then I can get faster. what was that someone suggested about improving reaction time? might have a look

I'm not an excellent player at the moment but I have the chance to be if I train because Im young and keen merely because I have a lot of time; havent reached my peak yet. i just need the opportunities and people of a better standard to play with and teach me

http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45621
similar thread talks about same sort of stuff

obviously laydees have the advantage that, if we're shot in the nads, we dont collapse to the floor & roll around crying :p

Skeet

Platinum Member
Originally posted by MrPink
^^^ What he said.

I do find some comments extremely amusing tho, esp. the ones about Girls used to being protected by Guys and that's why they aren't as good at PB :rolleyes: :p

Somebody tell the Mitchell brothers that their real-life Girlfriends need protecting :D

P.s Much love to ALL female ballers - the amount of sexist crap that hangs around paintball makes the Army look like a feminist meeting!

P.p.s Big love to FLC :D
It's not a question of it these days, because guys dont need to go out and fight all teh time, and defend their home from marauders (not like they used to), but...what I am saying..is...if you dont use something, you lose it...regarding, the "hunter-Killer Instict", which is quite well utilised in paintball.

So...women, have had the guys to do that bit, for thousands of years hence, their reaction is less "hunt and kill" than a guys.

For christ sake dont think I am saying that girls need guys to protect them, as Guppy had a go about...im not...isnt it strange, how as soon as you mention anything that could be construed as sexist, that all the other words that go with it, are comletely ignored...bizarrre!:D

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
Originally posted by Gyroscope
Now, I am not calling you a lawnmower, Gups, but don't you think the garden is looking a little shabby? :)
roflmao :) Y'know the funny thing is my real garden is actually concreted, no need for a lawnmower or a gardener ;) So maybe you'll apply your rationale and deduce that my garden and my persona must therefore be comprised of 1 part portland cement, 2 parts sand and 4 parts aggregate??

But hey, on the bright side it means i can withstand compression of 20 Newtons per square mm and therefore comments like 'a bit shabby' simply wash off down the drain ;)

Guys: The fact that this thread has gone to 5 pages amazes me, and solely because Rental has advertised for players to play in an all female-team. Look at how many similar threads asking for male players get little or no response from members on this forum.

All female teams only grab the attention because you guys can't help but give it, or so it would appear...

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
*what-ever Skeet!*

...anyway!
Gyro posted this on the other thread; it works

Originally posted by Gyroscope
You are trying to respond to smacktalk with your brain. That is just silly.

Women have the same problem in paintball as Latvians. There are not enough of them.

If Latvians insist on having all Latvian teams, whether for sponsorship reasons or Latvian solidarity, they will not see much competitive success until more Latvians play. A large pool of choices is necessary, and Latvia doesn't offer enough players to choose from. Since a lot of Latvians are not as drawn to rough and tumble gun oriented play, whether due to conditioning or genetic predisposition, as American men, they will face obstacles while playing in exclusively Latvian teams that are not balanced by the sometimes advantageous position they find themselves in with regard to sponsors. Though being Latvian brings more visibility to the team, making them more attractive to a sponsor, their failures will be as celebrated as most team's wins, due to that same visibilty.

PS, I am all for Latvians playing, especially if they are hot. :)

Freddie Brockdorff

Olva the Berserker
Aug 22, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Originally posted by Skeet
It's not a question of it these days, because guys dont need to go out and fight all teh time, and defend their home from marauders (not like they used to), but...what I am saying..is...if you dont use something, you lose it...regarding, the "hunter-Killer Instict", which is quite well utilised in paintball.
So actually guys should be even worse off than women nowadays - since, according to you, men aren´t in fact using this natural "killer instinct" they possess as much as earlier on - so basically they must have lost it by now............

Oh my god - aren´t male paintballers just doomed - their natural killer instinct is gone, and if women can´t "ball" without it, then surely men can´t either!

Are we through arguing? Or you wanna give any more doublestandard oppinions you then afterwards decide to ruin again all by yourself, hehe?! :p :D

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
But Gups, mowing is a good thing in paintball.

Originally posted by Gups
All female teams only grab the attention because you guys can't help but give it, or so it would appear...
Which is a good thing for rental, as a thread that attracts a lot of posts gets bumped up. New teams starting up in Leeds (wherever that is, assuming you people didn't just make it up) don't arouse the same interest because they aren't general enough a topic for everyone to have an opinion.

Latvians... tch, tch, tch... when will they ever learn. You bring back memories of the last time we all had this same discussion, Rosie. Good times.

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
Freddie, evolution is slow, and superfluous traits take some time to be eliminated from organisms that no longer have a real need for them. For example, I have a vestigial appendix and sense of dignity that I am sure my great- great- great- grandchildren will lack.

There is also the possiblity that certain traits may be beneficial in way that are not part of the original purpose that folks interpreted them as serving... for example, maybe men are aggressive so that they are more likely to put the moves on women, rather than protect them. Maybe women have been pretending to be more demure and needing of protection for generations because being good at fooling men was more useful for them. Why else would we move all those couches? When you are talking about inherited traits, it's all about what gets you more healthy offspring.