Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Girls do you wanna play??

Freddie Brockdorff

Olva the Berserker
Aug 22, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Originally posted by Gyroscope
For example, I have a vestigial appendix and sense of dignity that I am sure my great- great- great- grandchildren will lack.
Well......... If the earlier suggestion is correct, they will only be "missing" those features if they have not been used for some time!

Are you trying to say something here? :D

Nick Brockdorff

Jul 9, 2001
www.uglyducklings.dk
Just noticed this thread...... and what a bunch of BS a lot of it is :rolleyes:

Skeet:

What is your point mate?

- Are you arguing that women should not play paintball?
- Are you arguing they can never be as good as men?
- Are you arguing without having a point - and just for the hell of it?

To me, reading your posts, it seems like there is no clear picture of what exactly you are getting at - except maybe that you miss the good old stoneage days, when you ran around naked clubbing animals, while the little old lady (apparently) lived an entirely risk free and cosy life.... :rolleyes:

And then all this talk about adrenalin? - what has that got to do with being good at paintball?

You and I could enter the field, and I could spank you all day, lefthanded, without feeling even the slightest tinge of adrenalin, while you were filled to the brim with the stuff.

Adrenalin has its uses - but it also has its drawbacks.... and it is not really relevant to how good (or not) you are at playing paintball.

Some players suck because they don't have enough adrenalin, others because they have too much, and others again suck either way.

MY point is this:

Women can get just as good at paintball as men - they just have different circumstances, and thus have to play the game in a slightly different way.... but that way is not necessarily better or worse - it is just..... different.... and in tune with their particular set of circumstances.

The only reason some peope think women cannot be good at paintball, is because we have seen very few women that are.... but that is not because they are women... that is because - so far - they represent under 1/5000 of the people playing the sport seriously, and as such it is much harder to find those few girls that statisticly have the abilities to become great.

I could form a 7-girl team right now, that would be able to contest in the Pro ranks.... not at Dynasty level.... because that takes an experience no female player has yet....... but certainly at a level on par with the best European Pro teams....

Only problem is, that the few girls that are - as of yet - good enough, are spread out across the northers hemisphere... so that Pro team is an impossibility until someone gives me a million bucks (or whatever) to move them all to the same place for daily practices.

Nick

mighty righty

Dec 25, 2004
Visit site
What is all this crap....

All girl teams are LAME imo! Its sexist and i don’t like the discrimination. What if i wanted to join the fallen angels? I can’t cause i is not a girl? f*ck the fallen angels

f*ck f*ck f*ck them ;)

My opinion and i am entitled to it.

mighty righty

Dec 25, 2004
Visit site
Maybe the reason girls feel the need to form their own teams, is because guys like YOU are sexist? ;)

If the average male in paintball was not such an ignorant, girls would probably have no problem playing on mixed teams
yeah yeah thats it :rolleyes: i must be sexist and 'an ignorant'...why didnt i think of that...mmmm....

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Nick Brockdorff
I could form a 7-girl team right now, that would be able to contest in the Pro ranks.... not at Dynasty level.... because that takes an experience no female player has yet....... but certainly at a level on par with the best European Pro teams....

Only problem is, that the few girls that are - as of yet - good enough, are spread out across the northers hemisphere... so that Pro team is an impossibility until someone gives me a million bucks (or whatever) to move them all to the same place for daily practices.

Nick

Nick I agree with everything you say except this, I don't think this can be done.

Nick Brockdorff

Jul 9, 2001
www.uglyducklings.dk
The players are out there Pete - I've seen them.

There are not many - but 7-8 world wide that have the talent for Pro (well - European level Pro ;))

I won't name names, because that'll start a whole debate about specific individuals - but it's

- 3 Americans
- 1 German
- 4 Scandinavians

All that would be needed, would be to put them in the same city permanently - so they could practice together enough... which wouldn't happen anyway... so this is just something that is possible, but unrealistic in practical terms :)

Nick

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Nick, your original post seemed to be suggesting you could take the girls now (whoever they may be), put them in a team and they could immediately compete at the top level in the Millennium.

If you are suggesting that after a training period (of something like 6 months intensive training) then I would tend to agree with you (if you have selected the right girls and do the right training).

F3Z

Mar 17, 2003
Bristol, UK
So nick your opinion is all girls teams are ok and that its because of sexist males that they form all girls teams??

ellcie

Jun 26, 2003
southampton
Visit site
I don’t know who said it, and it doesn't matter but....
Something along the lines of “if guys in paintball weren't so sexist more girls would play on mixed teams"

I don’t think that is the case, I see your point and good on you for making it, but (always a but) I would say there are far more women players that play on mixed teams then there are that play on single sex teams. It’s just that you don’t notice them as much!

And I think that is a good thing.

I would explain why but that will start a fight and I’m not looking for one. :)

This started off as someone wanting to see if there were gals out there that wanted to play ball but didn't feel they wanted to play on a mixed to team so Rental was trying to open an opportunity for them!......

People will never agree on this subject..... And you know why..... Male or female, football or paintball player, skier or snowboarder.......

Human!! :D