Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Girls do you wanna play??

Skeet

Platinum Member
Originally posted by Freddie Brockdorff
So actually guys should be even worse off than women nowadays - since, according to you, men aren´t in fact using this natural "killer instinct" they possess as much as earlier on - so basically they must have lost it by now............

Oh my god - aren´t male paintballers just doomed - their natural killer instinct is gone, and if women can´t "ball" without it, then surely men can´t either!

Are we through arguing? Or you wanna give any more doublestandard oppinions you then afterwards decide to ruin again all by yourself, hehe?! :p :D
Women stopped using it "generally", long before men did "generally",so in men, it is still more prevalent, which is why they go out and get in fights "sometimes" and women "generally" dont...more, "selective" reading of posts occurs

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
It's not really worth quoting ...

Originally posted by mighty righty
What is all this crap....

All girl teams are LAME imo! Its sexist and i don’t like the discrimination. What if i wanted to join the fallen angels? I can’t cause i is not a girl? f*ck the fallen angels

f*ck f*ck f*ck them ;)

My opinion and i am entitled to it.
But thank you so much for your worthwhile contributions to this thread. 5 posts in nearly a year and you use two of them here. You must feel very passionate about this. Or maybe you just posted to bring your post count up from 0.012 posts per day to a whopping 0.02?

I must give you some credit though. It's a much more well thought out reply than your last post

Gyroscope...

Originally posted by Gyroscope
But Gups, mowing is a good thing in paintball.
Damn smart ass!! :p

Skeet

Platinum Member
Originally posted by Gups
It's not really worth quoting ...

But thank you so much for your worthwhile contributions to this thread. 5 posts in nearly a year and you use two of them here. You must feel very passionate about this. Or maybe you just posted to bring your post count up from 0.012 posts per day to a whopping 0.02?

I must give you some credit though. It's a much more well thought out reply than your last post

Gyroscope...

Damn smart ass!! :p
At least mine have a little more content and thought I guess!

Skeet

Platinum Member
Originally posted by Nick Brockdorff
Just noticed this thread...... and what a bunch of BS a lot of it is :rolleyes:

Skeet:

What is your point mate?

- Are you arguing that women should not play paintball?
- Are you arguing they can never be as good as men?
- Are you arguing without having a point - and just for the hell of it?

To me, reading your posts, it seems like there is no clear picture of what exactly you are getting at - except maybe that you miss the good old stoneage days, when you ran around naked clubbing animals, while the little old lady (apparently) lived an entirely risk free and cosy life.... :rolleyes:

And then all this talk about adrenalin? - what has that got to do with being good at paintball?

You and I could enter the field, and I could spank you all day, lefthanded, without feeling even the slightest tinge of adrenalin, while you were filled to the brim with the stuff.

Adrenalin has its uses - but it also has its drawbacks.... and it is not really relevant to how good (or not) you are at playing paintball.

Some players suck because they don't have enough adrenalin, others because they have too much, and others again suck either way.

MY point is this:

Women can get just as good at paintball as men - they just have different circumstances, and thus have to play the game in a slightly different way.... but that way is not necessarily better or worse - it is just..... different.... and in tune with their particular set of circumstances.

The only reason some peope think women cannot be good at paintball, is because we have seen very few women that are.... but that is not because they are women... that is because - so far - they represent under 1/5000 of the people playing the sport seriously, and as such it is much harder to find those few girls that statisticly have the abilities to become great.

I could form a 7-girl team right now, that would be able to contest in the Pro ranks.... not at Dynasty level.... because that takes an experience no female player has yet....... but certainly at a level on par with the best European Pro teams....

Only problem is, that the few girls that are - as of yet - good enough, are spread out across the northers hemisphere... so that Pro team is an impossibility until someone gives me a million bucks (or whatever) to move them all to the same place for daily practices.

Nick
Are you arguing that women should not play paintball?

Not in the slightest..I dont care who plays, as long as they are decent folk, if they arent decent folk..well...c'est la vie!

- Are you arguing they can never be as good as men?

Again, not in the slightest. When I was younger, I used to play a great deal of Pool, and I was pretty good...at teh club where I played, a great many female players were to be found, one of whom is a very good friend of mine, one of the girls played for England several played at County level.
I have no problem with girls in sport of any kind and no problem with being beaten by them either...as happened on more than one occasion in the pool hall!

I take part in Competetive short and long range rifle shooting...again, a sport not overly populated by women, and again, while I am pretty good (national Level), I am still beaten by females, some of them younger than me... I dont care, other than the fact that I was beaten!

- Are you arguing without having a point - and just for the hell of

No...I am not of that Ilk...I usually have a point...it may not be correct, buut I usually have one and generally, it will be of some relevence.

So...to clarify my point, as it seems it hasn been overlooked or ignored due to people wanting to jump on the anti sexist bandwagon...

Paintballers, utilise the "Killer Instinct", it's what gives them the drive and general state of alertness etc.

The "Killer Instinct", I believe...is more generally prevalent in Males.
My reason for thinking this, is because...for many thousands of years, humans were hunter gatherers. The men, went out hunting and killing and defending their territory and the females looked after the young, gathered food, etc.

So...the females, were not generally in need of "Killer Instinct", whereas the Males were.

Natural evolution, leads me to believe, that...in Modern Humans, although neither male nor female, really has to go hunting for food, or defending their territory from foe's (in quite the same way), the "Killer Instinct" is still there in males, much more so, than in females.
After all, males have been fighting battles etc, even to the current day.
We do see more and more women doing this also, but not day to day on either count, these people are in teh Forces, not Joe Public.

So...it is my belief, that...females have a much less prevalent "killer instinct" than men "generally", due to the fact that they have not needed it, for so long.

Bearing this in mind, the effect of the "fight or flight" reaction, in humans, as induced by Adrenalin release, must surely, be different "generally", in males and females.

So...disregarding paintballers for the moment.

In a given situation...I think a female "generally", would be more inclined to be thinking of escape and males, more inclined to fight.
Obviously, there is more to it than that and one cannot generalise for all individuals, but one can make supositions.

On a paintball field...naturally, both sexes know, that they arent going to come to any life threatening harm (ignoring velocity ramping!)...so both sexes are likely to go into "aggresive", "kill or be killed" mode, when the adrenalin starts pumping, assuming that they are experienced enough to have overcome those nerves, that some new players have.

Hence...having proposed that the "killer instinct" is less developed in females, a male paintballer, "generally", should be a more fearsome, more aggresive player, with more "will to kill".

Of course, I am in no way saying, that female players cannot be as good as male players.
I am simply (or not quite so, judging by the length of this post!), that "generally" they are possibly at a natural disadvantage, initially, to men...maybe.

It grieves me to see, how people can instantly look on the bad side of things, if they feel sexism is present, without actually looking, to see if that is the case.

FYI...the team I am playing for at the moment, has a female in it and it's quite nice to have a bit of female company...:D

Nick Brockdorff

Jul 9, 2001
www.uglyducklings.dk
If you are suggesting that after a training period (of something like 6 months intensive training) then I would tend to agree with you (if you have selected the right girls and do the right training).
That was indeed my suggestion - though 3 months would do it ;)

Point was that women CAN be good enough to play at the highest level - which some in here feel they cannot.

Nick

Nick Brockdorff

Jul 9, 2001
www.uglyducklings.dk
So nick your opinion is all girls teams are ok and that its because of sexist males that they form all girls teams??
It was a tongue in cheek remark dude.

But - to answer your question - I don't care whether teams are mixed gender or not - I don't really see the relevance

Nick

Nick Brockdorff

Jul 9, 2001
www.uglyducklings.dk
Of course, I am in no way saying, that female players cannot be as good as male players.
I am simply (or not quite so, judging by the length of this post!), that "generally" they are possibly at a natural disadvantage, initially, to men...maybe.
:D

So - what you are really saying - is that women are naturally disadvantaged in paintball - maybe - but can be just as good as men at paintball?

Well - it's ALL very clear to me now :D :D :D

I hate to tell you dude - but despite the length of your post, I am left just as confused about your point, because you seem to be arguing with yourself - and then throwing a "maybe" in the mix for good measure - just to get us all even more confused ;)

But - I accept that you believe female players can get just as good as men.

Nick

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Nick Brockdorff
That was indeed my suggestion - though 3 months would do it ;)

Point was that women CAN be good enough to play at the highest level - which some in here feel they cannot.

Nick

Hold on a minute here Nick, I don't want you running away on a tide of feminist equality and thus ingratiating yourself with 50% of the world's population (which would now obviously double your chances of getting a shag to something like one in ten thousand :) ) but I need to qualify a few things.
If we take the average guy off the street as against the average girl and give them the same training regimes, the guys are gonna have the advantage here so any inferred equality you make is somewhat illusory and also, there is no way 3 months is gonna hack it mate (I think you just chose that to be different from my 6 month assertion).
Nah, 6 months MINIMUM to shape a girls team whereby they can compete with Euro pros.
Now no doubt you would come back at me on this and suggest you were talking about a thrice weekly schedule for the girls but before you venture down that road.....so was I :)
Nah, 6 months mate, suggesting anything less tells me you are just after a shag :)
Peace !

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
Yeah defo agree with Robbo, as for 6 weeks out of the 6 months the ladies wouldn't listen to damn thing they were told anyway ;)

So, being serious now, why doesn't someone with a bit of time and vision invest some of it and prove the hypothesis? Achieve the unachievable. There are quite a few up and coming young females in the local leagues hoping, dare I say it... to be honed by the pros... :p

Of course there are problems like finding a squad of females who can a) afford it, b)commit that amount of time and c) are geographically placed to make a proper training regime feasible, If the girls could be found, maybe a paintball company could help with costs and offer a full sponsorship on kit and paint? Then all it would cost them is the time and hard work.

There's lots of talk about pushing paintball forward but not always so much action...