Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Given up

Bluefrog

Sep 23, 2001
Near Aberdeen, Scotland
Visit site
Hell with it. I think i'll just give up paintball before i even start. Reasons - Buying on a british site costs much more. But buying on an American site would take ages to ship across and i dont want to wait ages. Also (most) of the good paintball markers and equipment are too expensive.... £500 JUST for a matrix. :eek:

BF

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Buy a used marker dude! Or borrow a friend's until you have the money. NEVER GIVE UP ON SOMETHING THIS IMPORTANT! I went through a period of time I was tempted to give up on it too, when I had traded my Shocker for a Cocker that was taking forever to build, even longer to ship, then had problems when I got it after having chipped in around $1300 for it then having little time to play. I didn't play for a while after that and by not doing so a lot of my life slipped downhill. Then I realized to myself that hey, I've made friends in paintball who are better than any others I've ever had. I have fun this way and it doesn't involve drinking, drugs, unnecessary danger or bodily destruction, or counting on people that for 95% of anything not involved in the other 3 things don't ever bother to get off their asses without me hanging around them long enough to become the same kind of boring pathetic losers that they are. I can achieve at it though I'm not born built like an NFL, NHL, or NBA star, and learn from the best at it by simply walking up and talking to them and watching them play.

If it can do that for me it can do it for you.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Yeah, it's your choice obviously, but I think it'd be a shame if you did. There's a certain cameradery among ballers that you don't see in a lot of other sports. Yes, 500 quid is a lot of money, but it's just a one off. After you got your gear, you're good to go!
Besides, like Onion said, there's second hands that'll save you money.
Also, I gather you live in the UK? Why don't you go down to one of the UK paintball stores, and get your stuff there? No shipping involved, plus loads of friendly, knowledgeable, and above all helpfull staff to get you sorted. In the UK you got some of the best stores in the world! Like SmartParts, WDP, and Planet, go check them out.

The choice is yours mate, but I guarantee you, it ain't that easy to give up. Once bitten by the bug, that's it! :)

Bluefrog

Sep 23, 2001
Near Aberdeen, Scotland
Visit site
ok screw this post i'm back in paintball.... must have been something in KillerOnions post that persuaded me.

Anyway so the question now is does anyone know any American (or non-British) sites that ship to UK???

Can anyone tell me if Spyder Xtras are a good starter gun for a newbie ( 1 years exp with rental 98's kinda makes u hope there are better guns for a newbie )

Cheers in advance

BF:p

kris

yarbles
Jan 10, 2002
Just SoManc
try before you buy
Paintball is the only sport that a stranger will let you borrow his stuff that cost him £500+ just to help you get into the game.
keep yourself in the game, you will not find a more friendly sport.
okay its expensive but its worth it
trust me i know so many guys that where shy as hell and now they could argue with tony blair.
If you ever come to series 2002 or campaign find RDX and ask for me.
You can try any equipment you want until you find the perfect marker to match your style.

permboy

Aug 14, 2001
Birmingham
Bluefrog mate in the holidays just come down south of the border and go to paintball site. I guarantee you someone will be selling a marker.
By the way i don't think you should buy from the u.s as it'll take forever to get here and also you'll have to pay tax on the tax that the u.s already pays which means that you pay more for less. Also if customs find out your screwed mate cause they'll fine you like a bitch. (i do know what i'm talking about as i asked them through an e-mail.)

Jones the Paint Magnet

All the gear - no idea
Dec 19, 2001
Croydon/East Grinstead
Visit site
Bluefrog - If you're looking for a good deal on kit, give Big Sid from the Cameronians/Escaramouche a call (check the search function on the forums to find him and send him an e-mail). Not only does he usually have a whole load of kit going second hand, but he's a top bloke too.

The cost thing kept me going infrequently too, and I stopped for a few years during Uni when I was doing other things that took up the time and cash I had, but I kept my cammo stuff, got back into things and managed to pick up a couple of good markers at nice prices - you only fail at something when you stop trying!

Good luck

:)