• Gog eNMey

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • Spyder fenix

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
I hate to say it but paintball is expensive to play. If you have so little to spend on gear are you actually going to be able to fund your green fees and paint bills? Worth thinking about before taking the plunge. Not putting a downer on things but I know so many guys with closet guns due to lack of funds and or time.

Reactions: H and JamesWB

The Artful Dodger

Dec 8, 2014
Times the biggest killer for me but at £150 if spent on decent second hand gear can most probably be recouped should he struggle with either

kudosbudo

Dec 2, 2010
Yorkshire
Go with the enmey. You don't need an electric hopper unless your planning on playing tourney. Just a nice gravity hopper. HPA is HPA, if you can use it, use it, as even though co2 can be setup to be as consistant and in some cases more predictable than HPA (if you know what your doing) HPA does not kill your orings as fast.
You have to remember on here a lot of guys and gals have played for quite some time and moved on from mechs to faster firing electrics, but here's the thing. When your starting, start simple, get into the game, then decide on how your going to progress after playing a while. Don't get much more simple than an enmey. Sure electric markers are better, but only if you've already played for a while and are experieinced with general maintenance. Then save, get a nice second hand electric later. This way you have experience playing, experience with maintenance (enmey is really easy here), a back up marker and a main marker.
I've been playing for going on 5 years now and only got my first electric marker and hopper this year (Gommie excty/G1 hybrid, very nice and oh my god the discovery of how awesome eyes are!). However I spent most of that time playing vs tourny electric etc at walkons with pistols, so a decent mech will do fine for starting out.

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
If agree with lots said above as Kudosbudo had made some excellent points about just getting out and getting playing, but alas I do have a small disagreement. In my opinion get the best bang you can for your buck (leaving plenty of money left to play as that's the whole point of paintball not just having nice kit sat doing nothing).

An eNMey or fenix will have little resale value and is often harder to sell if you require immediate funds (this of course depends on if you decide to quit or upgrade, leaving you with some kit that will be difficult to recoup on. An older etek or ion still sell very quickly in the UK market (buoyed by the quick sales achieved via social media) and maintenance is a breeze. This however is my opinion as Kudo is quite right in that I started a few years ago (however I made the mistake of spending a wad of money on a mech only to want something better after 4 months of playing as not being able to sell the mech for anywhere near what I paid)

Best thing you can do is check out your local site and see what people are using and ask for a go. Failing that check out your local shop and try out a range of markers and equipment.

smudgerebt

Rockin VIP Cocker, So-Manc E1, LV1
Apr 19, 2014
Near Stockport
You've not said if you have a mask or not?

I would spend my money on that first, rather than a marker etc

And for me, it dosnt matter the price of the mask, its the fit and feel of it.

You can always stick with a site gun and play with that till you have enough to get a cheap axe or etha etc, the difference in having your own comfy mask will make a big difference.

Spookls

pain is temporary pride is forever
Oct 21, 2013
Leicester
Reactions: JamesWB

JamesWB

For those few short minutes, nothing else matters.
Oct 1, 2015
Forest hill
You've not said if you have a mask or not?

I would spend my money on that first, rather than a marker etc

And for me, it dosnt matter the price of the mask, its the fit and feel of it.

You can always stick with a site gun and play with that till you have enough to get a cheap axe or etha etc, the difference in having your own comfy mask will make a big difference.
I've got a jt proflex

dfr350

Sad but true
Apr 22, 2007
Bracknell UK
I would totally go for the gog enmey because theyre quite a reliable little markers for first starting off with
I have to agree with this. I just used an enmey this weekend and had zero isues with it. No chops or bursts in barrel (standard or gog 14") and reasonable accuracy considering cheap site paint and raining half the day. Also much quieter than the sites infernos ad BT 'upgrade' markers.

kudosbudo

Dec 2, 2010
Yorkshire
If agree with lots said above as Kudosbudo had made some excellent points about just getting out and getting playing, but alas I do have a small disagreement. In my opinion get the best bang you can for your buck (leaving plenty of money left to play as that's the whole point of paintball not just having nice kit sat doing nothing).

An eNMey or fenix will have little resale value and is often harder to sell if you require immediate funds (this of course depends on if you decide to quit or upgrade, leaving you with some kit that will be difficult to recoup on. An older etek or ion still sell very quickly in the UK market (buoyed by the quick sales achieved via social media) and maintenance is a breeze. This however is my opinion as Kudo is quite right in that I started a few years ago (however I made the mistake of spending a wad of money on a mech only to want something better after 4 months of playing as not being able to sell the mech for anywhere near what I paid)

Best thing you can do is check out your local site and see what people are using and ask for a go. Failing that check out your local shop and try out a range of markers and equipment.
Actually i hadn't thought of resale when I made my post, good points raised here that i've missed.