Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

GoG Enmey VS ION

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
As your only marker or as one of your markers? If its your only one the ion might be a better bet since its faster and a decent enough marker, just remember to take the battery out at the end of each day.

If its for a back up then the eNMEy no question.

RevengeP8nt14

Oct 21, 2013
Oh sorry, I run a tippmann phenom at the moment but I am starting to get into a little tourney paintball so I don't want to go overload on a gun that I may not even want to use again. So I wanted to start off slowly and work my way up to all these fancy markers :D they do look rather sexy lol :)

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Ions are no longer made, so you'd be looking second hand, plus the standard Ion setup doesn't have the ability to remove the bolt from the back of the body, which makes stripping for cleaning/maintenance a major pain in the arse. The Ion XE does.

For current guns you're looking at the eNMEy or eNVy - with the envy just being an electro version of the enmey and both having a bolt out back setup. Either would be great for rec play, although personally I prefer the eNMEy as having the electro board in the eNVy just adds cost and a bit of complexity with no real gain in performance.

To be honest, although they'll be usable on the sup air field, neither is a great choice for tournament paintball as they don't offer a Millennium ramping fire mode, for that you'd need to up your budget and look at something like a Planet Eclipse Etha or Empire Mini.

Edit: if you're looking for a secondhand Ion - that one for £100 in classifieds at the moment looks a good buy with aftermarket body/trigger/board plus clamping feedneck and on/off asa - bargain.

RevengeP8nt14

Oct 21, 2013
Yeah this was the Ion I'm looking at. But I'm not looking into a 'proper' tournament game just a walk on thing to be honest as I play a lot of woodsball instead of tourney. But in your opinion what would you go for, the enmey or the ion? Based on performance, consistency and efficiency? Sorry for all the questions just don't want to make the wrong choice :notworthy:

Last edited: