Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Gog Paintball gets a Smart Idea !

P8ntballer.Com

Administrator
Mar 31, 2009
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Much has been made of the demise of Smart Parts last year most of which was straight out the bullsh!t bin but people love to gossip and when the worst of these people open their mouths, the names of Billy and Adam Gardner were always gonna be high on their list for attack and ridicule.

I was lucky enough to play for their team, the All American’s team ofyesteryear and I knew these guys pretty well after staying with them at their houses when I went Stateside; the Billy and Adam I knew bore little resemblance to the pictures being painted by some people but it is the nature of such things to gain unwarranted traction and so the name of Smart Parts became synonymous with ‘fail’.
The truth of the matter is, Smart Parts got caught out just as everybody else got caught out by the downturn in worldwide paintball.

The heinous crime that Adam and Billy committed was to believe in themselves and their products when they invested over 10 million dollars to expand their production line to accommodate demand; there’s not a businessman in the US that wouldn’t have made the same decision had they enjoyed similar market penetration and product line that these guys had with Smart Parts.

When the financial sh!t hit the financial fan, Billy and Adam got caught with their Smart Pants down and had to suffer the ignominy of the bank foreclosing on their loan to SP even though SP had always kept up with their repayments to the bank.
Basically, Billy and Adam got hit with a double whammy of a marketplace decline and a bank’s somewhat heartless decision to pull the financial rug ….
When some people began dancing in the aisles at the demise of Smart Parts, I always maintained we [the industry] needed them more than they needed us …. Billy and Adam are both financially secure and then some … neither of them has to work again …. Ever.
And so what explains their return to the nut-farm we call paintball?
The brothers Gardner suffer from the same affliction as a lot of us … they have paintball coursing thru their veins just like Richmond Italia and Gino Postorivo both of whom have more money than God and had also left paintball only to return later to buckle up their straps on their white coats.
And so, what’s new?

Gog Paintball is Billy and Adam’s new baby, and the guy on the spot over here in Europe is Phil Webb, the same Phil who used to run SP’s European operations over here before.
As to what Gog Paintball is doing in terms of product lines?
Go visit Gog Paintball to see what they’ve got at www.smartpartspaintball.co.uk …..

I've had a look at this website and it's a pretty comprehensive product line for all types of baller, whether you're a pro or a newbie, there's something on there that will satisfy any baller.
It's a user-friendly kinda site where you can navigate around quite easily and allows easy access to all of their product lines.
I think Smart Parts are back in town if only to return to the paintball arena under a new name, they will still be giving you guys the same quality of product lines and of course, after-sales service.
For people who are not familiar with Smart Parts, it might be an idea to get your ass over to their website to see what they have to offer ...... it will definitely not be a waste of your time.

Billy and Adam are back, along with Phil Webb over here, all we can do is wish them luck and hopefully they’ll help give our market a necessary kick up the ass … and boy do we need it, welcome back guys!

Reactions: Michael A. Williams

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Hi Wingnut, nah, for some reason it does that when I copy and paste it over, I didn't notice it this time until a few minutes ago, I've sorted it out now thankfully.

uk gaz

PLATINUM MEMBER, IN THE REAR WITH THE GEAR
Mar 15, 2007
Southampton
Wonder it the thousands who bought Ions and the guys who bought Nerves or Shockers will get some support or will it be a case of........what do manufacturers say oh yes that PLATFORM is no longer supported.
Wish em well as I liked the SP guys but if you launched a car saying "oh yes we wont support you in six months" when our new car comes out,,,,dont think they would sell, to ballers they would, but you know what I mean.
I say all buy an autococker you know the strange thing where all the internals of a marker are well...............on the outside of the marker....still get the spares 20 years later.

Phil Webb

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
Hi this is Phil Webb of SmartParts. And I do understand how you feel. But it was a shock to us all to be out of a job and not doing what we had been doing for 14 years previously. If we had known perhaps we could have done things differently. When it came it was a shock. We did make some previsions though, we sold all of the spares to one company MAx sport in Germany as they were going to look after all the players who had our markers. I'm sure this did help, but your right it was really bad for everyone who had spent there hard earned cash on our product not to have manufacturers support any longer.
Well we are back and have stock of spares, it may be too late for some but many are in contact with us and we are trying our very best to look after these players.
I just thought I'd let you see it from our point of view, and hope it explains a little.

Phil

Reactions: madness

uk gaz

PLATINUM MEMBER, IN THE REAR WITH THE GEAR
Mar 15, 2007
Southampton
Sp/gog

Understood, and I do know SP were not the makers of the downfall and having experienced the chop myself wouldn’t wish that on anybody.
I am glad you guys are back, I salute any entrepreneurial business in these difficult times, I wish GOG every success and glad the Freak platform is alive and well [nothing to touch it]
Cocker comment still remains true, far too much planned obsolescence in markers to the extent I think it is a cartel, guess the only way to keep the industry moving is continually re inventing the wheel and that’s how it is.
The demise didn’t affect me too much, look after my kit and as yet haven’t touched the two kits of o rings I bought for my shocker many moons ago:).

Been to the SP site and I recommend it, but hey your marketing boys have missed a trick no body kit in pink, think the only Ion colour that sold out world wide.

Phil Webb

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
Pink !!,,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. And thanks again for the kind words. But for the record I hated those pink kits but you are right, we sold so many of the damn things.

Take care, and keep the shocker polished, I'm looking after mine but just started shooting the LUXE 1.5 in camo as shown on the website.

It's unreal, but since I only play big games now, it suits me just fine.

Phil

Reactions: uk gaz

Random Invert

Oct 27, 2008
N.Wales - Wrexham
www.outpostpaintball.co.uk
When it came it was a shock. We did make some previsions though, we sold all of the spares to one company MAx sport in Germany as they were going to look after all the players who had our markers. I'm sure this did help, but your right it was really bad for everyone who had spent there hard earned cash on our product not to have manufacturers support any longer.
Phil
To be honest Phill even after sp went bump the ion was still well catered for, o-ring kits were easy to come by and there were so many after market parts you shouldnt have really needed tech support.