The Home Of European Paintball

Goggles

b0ned0me

Born to be Bald!!
Aug 9, 2001
Death Mountain
Visit site
JT lens removal

No point in swapping lenses unless you've taken a point-blank shot or have scratched them, but I find it impossible to get all the bits of paint and shell out of the lens surround without taking it all apart. So pretty much every time I play I had to dismantle my spectras, clean them and reassemble - a real chore.

The alternative is to let all the gunk collect, which probably doesn't do much apart from look naff, but there was some gossip about paint weakening the lens if left in contact for a long time - not convinced personally.

All in all I find the Vforces easier to live with, but nowadays all the top goggle systems do the job very well - good thing too....

boble108 - You may want to get a selection of lenses - a tinted one for really bright days on supair, and a clear one for winter/woods where it can be a bit dark. One of the best things about JTs is that pretty much everywhere stocks them and the lenses - industry standard and all that...

Vforce are the way to go...

Originally posted by b0ned0me
Time to remove a JT lens - 5 min
Time to clean a JT lens - 1 min
Time to replace a JT lens - 5 min
Time for your thumbs to stop hurting after the above routine - 48 hours

Time to remove, clean and replace a vforce lens - 2min

JT = Model T ford (1919)
Vforce = Nissan Micra (1998)

Times change - JT doesn't

:p
JTs are only difficult the first few times you change them and then they ease off.

I don't personally like V force gogs that much cos' you regularly see players with paint on the inside of the lens after being hit in the face piece.

the other adxvantage of JTs are that those visually challenged players who wear glasses can add the x-wind fan to stop them steaming up,

JJ

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Can't beat the proteus, nothing sticking out to take hits and they fit really snugly, never feel like they could slip. Just one thing though, if you've got a big chin it can actually stick out under your mask if you're talking. (just something to consider). But otherwise they are fantastic.

B_LuckY

Dec 15, 2002
at home chillin
www.walkonzone.com
i just got some JT flex7 goggles.

they come with spare lens and goggle bag.
(i suppose they all do)

they fit nice, are comfortable and if you are like me and just starting out they are reaonably priced .

to me seem like a good alround goggle system.

TOOLE

Banned
Feb 27, 2003
the felx 7's are, in my opinion, the best gogs out there, but maybe that's because i've got a fat head!! :)

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
JT's all the way...they only take about 30 secs to take out once you got a routine for doing it. and to be honest a person who thinks cleaning his kit is a chore is soon to be hurt :p