The Home Of European Paintball

Goggles

QuackingPlums

Go get a wee-mee!
Oct 30, 2002
Docklands, London
Visit site
LOL!!! Are you allowed to say that?!

I think the first time I took my JTs apart I was scared to pull too hard on the rubber in case it snapped the tab off the lens, so it took ages - in hindsight, you don't really have to be that careful because a swift tug will unclip the lens pretty quickly and if you think about it, they're supposed to be pretty strong if they can withstand a point blank shot with a paintball doing 300fps!

ericostani

Mar 9, 2003
surrey
Visit site
vforces

ive been playing/marshalling with a pair of shield pro's and they are a good sterdy goggle, which doesnt steam up - if you take care of the lens, and its reasonably cheap. i reckon i could clean the lens and replace it etc. in under 30 secs. its that easy! but i'm going to now buy some flex7's / proflex when i can get the dosh cos they are much more comfortable and light. - but thats about it!

le-pig

the brotherhood
May 16, 2002
isle of man
Visit site
JT lens removal

Originally posted by b0ned0me
No point in swapping lenses unless you've taken a point-blank shot or have scratched them, but I find it impossible to get all the bits of paint and shell out of the lens surround without taking it all apart. So pretty much every time I play I had to dismantle my spectras, clean them and reassemble - a real chore.

The alternative is to let all the gunk collect, which probably doesn't do much apart from look naff, but there was some gossip about paint weakening the lens if left in contact for a long time - not convinced personally.

All in all I find the Vforces easier to live with, but nowadays all the top goggle systems do the job very well - good thing too....

boble108 - You may want to get a selection of lenses - a tinted one for really bright days on supair, and a clear one for winter/woods where it can be a bit dark. One of the best things about JTs is that pretty much everywhere stocks them and the lenses - industry standard and all that...
or buy a tesco 27p toothbrush which gets into all annoying spaces
in 2 years of owning my proteus,iv'e never taken out the lense,never had to,don't no how to:D

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
I just wait till my proteus gets so minging I can't see out of it, then I buy a new one.

I do the same with houses.... two years without tidying and you've gotta move.

Big problem with leaving gunk on your lenses is that there are lots of different paints out there.. never know when one is going to react with the lens, plus it can stiffen the rubber around the lens... have a close look at the proteus... the rubber around the lens is part of the protection and just as important as the lens.