Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

good back player gun

crazypbkid

team driven black
Apr 23, 2002
va
Visit site
no max flow is a perminent tank and i dont know any one that shoots a case in a game i mean i dont even know how you'de get a pack that can carry a case of paint its like 14 pods i never shoot more than like 5-6 pods in a game. If your shootin a case a game then you need to get alot more accurate.

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Originally posted by P8ntbllr99
iv heard some hback players use a case of paint a game and an 88ci nitro tank gets like 1200 shots so do you guys carry an extra tank
You're talking about the top US pro back players there, some have been known to take out 15 x 140 pots for a game & shoot just about all of it!:eek:

9 or 11 x 140 pots isn't that unusual for tourney back players here in the UK though, & I'm not talking pro in particular here. I'm starting to work on building up my gun arm so I can upgrade to a 1.5l bottle & take 9 pots out per game.

I'd suggest an Impulse vision - comparatively light, super trigger that you can adjust easily yourself (and have you seen the new magnetic trigger? wow!), not too bad on air/CO2 use, not too expensive new & of course no chopping. Otherwise I'd say the cocker, but you may want to think about the advantages of an electro & firing speeds.

FI2eeFL0w

Team Halo
Aug 11, 2001
USA (texas)
cocker or shocker....thats just it.......accurate and get great range....course, the cobra angel is pretty nice, check that out too, but i think cockers are definitly the best for back

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Originally posted by Marchborne
Bang for the buck, there's nothing better than the Timmy. Hell, the Big-Back-Boy-Bob Long designed it. It's fast and stable (esp. with delrin bolt).
100% agreed

Accurate - very smooth action, little kick with LP mod, nearest thing to a cocker "feel" in an electro

Efficient - I have a LP modded one and got hoppper and 9 pods with 1000 psi to spare off a 1.1 4.5k - 'nuff said

Cheap - got mine for £700 odd inc shipping from the states and all the extras

ACE - eye's mean no paint chopping at all

Fast - SOB is fast as hell, getting new Equaliser board which is meant to be even better.

Light - lighter than any other tourney gun I've shot.

Reliable - grease, nothing else :)

and people consider anything else!

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
If you want to stretch the gas efficiency on a Shocker get a 14" CP one piece barrel. You can get around 1600-1700 shots or so out of a 114/4500 that way, much much more than using a Freak or AA.

The most paint I have seen someone go through I saw at Chicago last week: one back guy with an Excaliber (I forget which team) shot 15 pods in under 6 minutes.

Mysteriousmoose

The moose you never see
Jan 18, 2002
Tallahassee Florida
Visit site
Goddangit! There is no "best gun for a back player", indeed the best gun is really a subjective measurement of the user's frame of reference and oh my god I've gone cross eyed. What i'm trying to say is, use whatever is comfortable to you.

Meyer

For a long time I shot a tricked out tippmann 98 w co2 and 14 inch nyte stikk, but as i turned into more of a tourney player, i got a M3 Black Dragun for $150 (US) and a 4500, 88ci compressed air. its a very affordable electro gun that could lay down the paint well. for a new player, you might not want to commit 800+ for a gun that you may not like. the Dragun is a cheap, reliable starting point for a new back player.

crazypbkid

team driven black
Apr 23, 2002
va
Visit site
ya I would also have ot say that the timmy is a good choice i just ordered one myself (my shocker on a warp is just to heavy i cant run with it)