Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

good back player gun

mikeyg

Oct 23, 2002
Saint Paul, MN USA
Visit site
I play back for a team called TWISTED FLIPSIDE and I use a LCD Matrix. For five man games I'll go out there with seven pods, my tank is a 114ci 3000psi. Yeah it is a little big and plan to get a 88 4500 for size reasons. But back to the topic the Matrix is the quitest marker that I have used and the most accurate electro that I have used.

I have used:
Black Magic Cocker
Rt Mag
LCD Angel
Matrix

I'd go with the Matrix!:D

mikeyg

Oct 23, 2002
Saint Paul, MN USA
Visit site
Originally posted by Shuck
Out of the whole thread, (48 posts) only U/\/registered has any sense :D The Matrix is the way to go, being as fast as any Angel, and as accurate, quiet and stable when firing as a Shocker, only much more efficient (with the gas efficient bolt). This gun is the daddy and should be used by all back men :D

On a less sterotypical note, as Liz had said, its personal preference and once you have decided on a short list, go out and try the guns. People are always happy to help and will let you have a go with their markers. One thing to note though, the Matrix LCD is the supreme daddy of all markers (in my opinion) and should at least be tried before discarding it from your list :cool:

Good luck, and happy searching :)
Shuck you are a good man!!! If you can find the Titanium LCD get that one (it's what I shoot):D

Shuck

Snoring Machine.......zzz
Jul 13, 2001
SoTees
Visit site
Originally posted by mikeyg
For five man games I'll go out there with seven pods, my tank is a 114ci 3000psi. Yeah it is a little big and plan to get a 88 4500 for size reasons.
With the gas efficient bolt that is stock with all LCD's I can aparently get 12 pots out of my 88 4500psi tank. I love the tank I have as its shorter than a 114 so I can play more comfortably and tighter with my gun. Plus I am not sure we have 114 4500 psi tanks over in the UK.........yet! :D

mikeyg

Oct 23, 2002
Saint Paul, MN USA
Visit site
The 114 is alittle big which is why I do plan to switch to the 88 4500 stubby. I only go out with 7 pods because with the accuracey (spelling) I don't need all that extra weight (we are back guys!!;) ). When I move to ten man I will go out with at least 9 pods.

Shuck

Snoring Machine.......zzz
Jul 13, 2001
SoTees
Visit site
Originally posted by mikeyg
When I move to ten man I will go out with at least 9 pods.
I would love to play a 10 man season, but over here we only play 5 or 7. We have a 10 man tourney once, maybe twice a year :(

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
10 man is a costly venture. Fun yes, but costly. I don't know what your 7 man paint bills stack up to, but I'm getting a 3rd job just so I can afford to play a few 10 man events this year. Practices to make the entry fees and travel expenses all worth it (i.e. a better chance of winning) stack up faster than nearly any other hobby you can have. It's worth it, though. You get to be even closer to your teammates and it improves your game because you learn to walk fields better, plan more precisely, tune your ability to play responsibilities, and communicate effectively. It really puts forth the best playing paintball has to offer.

Lakeview Bulldog

Nov 1, 2002
Northeastern Ohio.
Visit site
I am interested in getting into some tournaments and joining a team as a back player. I am considering buying a 68 AutoMAg Classic and upgrading it with a double trigger and Nitro. I just wanted some opinions on whether an Automag could compete. I dont have $800+ for an Auto Cocker or other electronic guns.

Micah

Anything can compeat, it's down to the player really. Hell, look at Bad Company. 4th place Pro at the cup using all spyders. Spyders!!!

People used mags from the back for years. They're perfectly good. I would make sure I was getting lvl 10 in it if I were you tho.

-Micah