Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

good players

tb-303

Shootin’ fools shootin’ fools
Oct 8, 2001
wolverhampton, UK
Just a post out of curiosity really. But watching Mission paintball on tv and seeing how more experienced people play.i was wondering what attributes do you guys feel make a good player.
anyone with money can get a rapid gun but that alone aint gonna win you the campaign cup! so what is it you need?

tb-303

Gretik

Below Green, Yellow maybe
Oct 26, 2001
Derbyshire
Visit site
Goggles and the man

If you have decen goggles and your are a decent player you can take on people with field rental goggles, no experience and there friends angel. Usually.

pickaxeboy

eXtreme macca
Oct 23, 2001
Suffolk, UK
Visit site
not getting hit? i always thought that helped. vision seems to be vital, communication, teamwork, and a good shot finish it off.
but thats kinda a tall order, i think the best players enjoy playing, win or lose and always are the most sporting (that sound wrong but i mean the keep to the rules and aren't bad losers and don't gloat)

dannyp16uk

Nov 2, 2001
peterborough, england
Visit site
i reckon

i think that a thing that makes a player good aswell as all the other things is being bendy
what i mean is you need to be able to shoot in really REALLY orkward possitions and trying to snap shoot over the top of a small bit of cover could break your back! if your not careful.lol.
bu thats about all i cant think off

1.fast
2.good shot first time
3.bendy ;)
4.good eysight
5.freindly always helps
6.doesnt cry if he loses
7..................cant think of that yet, was trying t get to 10 but im lost :(

lol

dan :)

Oct 4, 2001
all over
Visit site
anybody can practice their shooting and can become a great shot, everybody can learn to keep tight to a bunker, to snap shoot and everything about the game.

but it takes a different kind of player to have a natural awareness of the game and can time movers to perfection. you can be a s**t hot technical player but if you get timing wrong then you get lit up.......simple

also a good player is not just good on the field, he helps anybody and is an all round great guy.........like me.....lol

Chris[SAD YG]

tb-303

Shootin’ fools shootin’ fools
Oct 8, 2001
wolverhampton, UK
ok No disrespect to anyone but....
the reason i started this thread was while Watching the games on tv(again on Mission:paintball) to a newbie seeing a guy firing about 500 pellets and probually making human contact with 2 of them doesn't seem too skillfull.(i was brought up wth guns both shot and air so accuracy and a good hit ratio i appreciate)don't get me wrong some teams have stood out (Banzai for one) where genuine skill seemed apparent.who i respect.but for a guy like me who doesn't have loads of money to spend on paint i feel that i'd rather be more sparing with ammo but hit people.or have i got the wrong attitude?
last time i played i spent about 400 pellets in proper games(50 for the final blow-out game)and i played about 10 games.ok some games i died pretty quickly but 6-7 out of the 10 i lasted the duration and we won through there being no one else to shoot. the teams were'nt huge by any means(about 14 a side)
i dunno how Mission:paintball works.if ammo is supplied then why not go balistic with it.if you fire 500 theres 10x more of a chance of hitting a target than firing 50.
tb-303
no offence!

dannyp16uk

Nov 2, 2001
peterborough, england
Visit site
yes

i know exactly what you mean,i have seen that show and they really take the piss when they use all of there 10 pots of paint and a full hopper in one very short game,who are those teams anyway?,id like to give em a game just to see what there like with a reasonable amount of paint,i understand that firepower is needed in paintball but i though that ment being in the right position to use the firepower,those teams seem to stand behind a bunker and very rarly move.
However this is not all of those teams that do this,some ae very good idead and deserve to win and they usualy do

you dont have the wrong attitude although the game has become more paint oriantated you should still be acurate with your paint because

1.firing early can gve your possition away
2.if you dont wait for the perfect shoot you may miss as they are too far out and give them time to get cover

so i reckon you have the right attitude its just on mission paintball they get all there paint given to them so they get very VERY VERY trigger happy