Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Gossip, scandal, bragging rites and all that Jazz ....

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I was unable to get to Nick Truter/Ged Green's fantastic event this past weekend due to family concerns but despite the rain, I'm hearing it was a resounding success both logistically and competition-wise.
But what about the tournament itself, between the teams ?
I heard that Joy Division cruised into first place easily enough but surely that's not the whole story, is it?

I'm hearing a few things but I'm not really able to comment because I wasn't there …. and so can anyone please fill me in on any gruesome details, if indeed there are any?
Surely someone must have plonked somebody on their ass …. or was everyone running around the woods wearing loafers and using pink squeegies?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Cheers James, the points tell the tale I suppose and what an emphatic win for Joy Division it seems to be.

Magued, Joy Division's owner and coach is a good friend of mine and so I'll call him up and ask him about what he thought about the weekend.
As far as I know, all of his guys hail from Sweden and so they'd invested a lot in coming over and so it begs the question, why the hell would they spend a bucket-load of dosh coming to the UK to turn the clock back and play woods-ball???

I used to play against Joy Division many moons ago in the woods and the remarkable thing about JD, is, the fact they established themselves in the woods before going Stateside and winning one of the NPPL open arena format tournaments beating all the top American teams on the way … they've done it in both formats which is not easy to achieve especially in the US.
Magued Idris is a wise old soul and it'd be interesting to get his side of things concerning the state of woods-ball and this apparent resurgence.
I'll call him up and ask the relevant questions:- if anyone would like to give me a question to ask him then either post one up here or PM me, and I'll ask him.

James ECI

UK Woodland Masters
Jul 31, 2007
Kent
Cheers James, the points tell the tale I suppose and what an emphatic win for Joy Division it seems to be.

As far as I know, all of his guys hail from Sweden and so they'd invested a lot in coming over and so it begs the question, why the hell would they spend a bucket-load of dosh coming to the UK to turn the clock back and play woods-ball???
No worries.

Im pretty sure given the relationship with WDP they would have received discounted entry and anything else which could have been afforded. - Still not cheap to fly over but every little helps

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
True enough James, the relationship betweeen Ged and the boys from Joy Division goes back decades.
Even so, it's still a significant investment from the Swedes to make the trip over.
Those sort of relationships don't seem to be around anymore these days :(

ant290

BOOOOM!
May 15, 2007
Southampton
ant290.wixsite.com
Interesting to see the largest points difference in the top division, where you might expect the smallest difference..

was that all down to the free win each of the other divisions were given to fit the format?

Top scores from the Rushers, did they show the same young blood that was out at the 7 man woodland masters? Nicky's work with the team is obviously paying off.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I've just got off the phone from Ledzy [Planet Paintball] and I'm gonna be sending him over a few questions re Ged Green's woodland event at Basset's Pole site near Birmingham.
He said I can ask him any questions I like and he'll answer all of them …. well, that's a brave claim indeed because normally, people like to tread the middle road and not pi$$ anyone off but let's see what he has to say for himself.

It'll make for interesting reading especially since Planet has brought out his new mechanical marker, M17OR, or his previous Emek marker.
The event was a 5.5 balls per second for electronic markers and mechanical markers had no restrictions placed upon them.
From Ledzy's perspective, his team, The Sandbaggers, might have felt torn between two camps, electro and/or mechanical, and so I wonder how the event unfolded for them.

All will be revealed tomorrow folks …… and just in case anyone might like to throw a question at me they'd like Ledzy to answer then please feel free to send me them but do it quickly.

James ECI

UK Woodland Masters
Jul 31, 2007
Kent
Top scores from the Rushers, did they show the same young blood that was out at the 7 man woodland masters? Nicky's work with the team is obviously paying off.
Rushers didnt play 7 man - they won the UKWM 10 man though - so looks as though they fell a bit short.

The Rushers are made up from some of the best woodland ballers out there - My brother even made an appearance

Given Nick was running the event - not sure what work paid off for the Rushers :unsure:

Last edited:

ant290

BOOOOM!
May 15, 2007
Southampton
ant290.wixsite.com
Rushers didnt play 7 man - they won the UKWM 10 man though - so looks as though they fell a bit short.
pretty sure billy was playing, and he had a youngster with him who looked pretty good.

when grouped with Joy, are you not fighting for 2nd place anyway? although I can't say I know who makes up the mayhem tigers team (assuming its not the re-formed London tigers squad)

James ECI

UK Woodland Masters
Jul 31, 2007
Kent
pretty sure billy was playing, and he had a youngster with him who looked pretty good.

when grouped with Joy, are you not fighting for 2nd place anyway? although I can't say I know who makes up the mayhem tigers team (assuming its not the re-formed London tigers squad)
True - sorry thought you meant their squad win

IDK - going into this event - who knew what Joy would bring with them?

Tigers for me were certainly a surprise and def. an upset - they had some of BLOW's second team, some of the old mayhem tigers and some Lucky 15s - so their Pro placing isnt a surprise really

Reactions: ant290