Planet Eclipse Manic Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball Valken Paintball

Got Mask need Buddies *Lancashire Area*

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Beemanna, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Beemanna New Member

Beemanna
    Message Count:
    Again newbie question, when you say there's a game on these dates. Does that mean if you want to participate it will be a team on team situation, therefore you will need to be in a team?

Perhaps I could join in if I got chatting to people but I presume theres no facilities for solo players?

If you understand what I'm trying to say

2. mikey1975 O.T.E Morning Wood

mikey1975
    Message Count:
    You dont need to be in a team bud as you would be teamed up for the games on site

3. Beemanna New Member

Beemanna
    Message Count:
    Happy days

4. Canon Fodder Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.

Canon Fodder
    Message Count:
    Normally a mix of people with their own markers and people renting there, teams are made at the start of the day and generally you stick with the same team all day unless people leave and the numbers become unfair.

Mix of games throughout the day, usually start with an attack and defend, few flag games and a couple of total elimination games.

5. Sam_M Well-Known Member

Sam_M
    Message Count:
    Yes mate that's the one, search them on fb aswell Chris is more active on their, and if its just experience you want you'll learn loads down there, id happily give you some hints and tips. (Currently play div2 at CPPS). And they have normal rental guns but you can always have a play with my cs1 and im sure there will be people down with 1 or 2 markers spare. Or i can always ask a team mate if they dont mind you borrowing one of their set ups for you to use on the day.

Its an open training day so there will be drills and game play so you'll learn a bit of everything

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  6. Beemanna New Member

Beemanna
    Message Count:
    Yes fellas I will be attending on Sunday to Retford thanks to help of the forum.

If anyones from round these ways that needs a lift down let me know I will be setting off around 6am.

Looking forward to it

7. Tom Tom

Tom
    Message Count:
    At walkons it's generally that the people on the day are split in two and that's your team
    For scenarios and big games you often pick a faction when you book in. The organisers will then make a rough attempt at making sure the balance of each side is reasonable, and perhaps on the day anyone not fussed what side will be placed as required

For all of the above you can come on your own or as a group/team
    A 'team' in scenario is just a bunch of people that like to play together under an identity

When it comes to competitive tournaments you do need a team. Generally fielding a team of 5 players, but having perhaps 7 players rotated between games, and ideally a pit crew of a couple of spare people keeping you organised and herded and ready to go back on for the next game
    There may be teams looking for an extra head to play for the day, or a scratch team on a one day tournament if there are enough lone players they can form a team for the day