Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Got my Ion today....

OddJob

Photographer
Oct 28, 2004
North Essex
I thought the UK would only allow anything that was one trigger pull one round pushed out hence 3 round bursts and 'full auto' are not allowed in the UK.

Most sites would boot you off I'm sure if they saw you with a marker which did naughty things like this. Bit silly of smart parts though, sure they'll find a loop hole!

Pump'n'Splat

Ambassador of BOING!
Even better....

Fat Bob's are supplying the ION...has anyone actually read Fat Bob's useful paintballing info sheet they send out with any purchase...?

I loved the poetic irony of publicly disclaiming any firing mode orther than semi-auto and solemnly swearing (with hand over chest) never to market such a marker...on literature supplied with a marker with the american full-auto board.....

Oddjob - Most sites would only kick you off if you had the gun set to that mode and it was clear you were abusing it....in recballing there is less emphasis on clamping down on trigger bounce which can re-create the effects of a 3-round (or more) burst.....besides the firing modes are only really "illegal" in the sense that doing 35mph in 30 zone is also illegal....

LLOYDE

Nov 8, 2002
portsmouth
Visit site
full auto

.....besides the firing modes are only really "illegal" in the sense that doing 35mph in 30 zone is also illegal....
nice way of looking at it:rolleyes: what about ramping???? ukpsf have a section on paintball law.

sykesg

Smakin your Bitch up
Aug 22, 2001
London
www.mayhemtigers.com
The full auto on the Ion is limited to 10bps (rebound up to 17bps) which has been chosen because it is the same or slower than the other full auto markers available. There is no offical ruling that trigger assist/FA markers are illegal in the uk, but in terms of naughtness SP are no worse, infact in some cases slower, than other FA markers available here.

The PA is in conflab with the home office and are doing great things for the sport in the UK including getting a proper legal ruling.

dan0011

Mar 13, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by sykesg
The PA is in conflab with the home office and are doing great things for the sport in the UK including getting a proper legal ruling.
is it just me or is the word conflab really really funny?

There is no offical ruling that trigger assist/FA markers are illegal in the uk,

From what i've heard from people doing their LPC's (or what ever they're called) that assisted modes of fire is a 'grey' area but FA is illegal, there just hasn't been any test cases in court yet.

Don't know about you but i wouldnt want to be the test case

-EDD

sykesg

Smakin your Bitch up
Aug 22, 2001
London
www.mayhemtigers.com
Yes FA on some air weapons is illegal but on others it's not. I think it's not the definition of FA that is in question but in which catagory do we stick pb markers. In one catagory fa is illegal in another it's not.

I think it's all pretty grey :rolleyes:

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
Yes FA on some air weapons is illegal but on others it's not. I think it's not the definition of FA that is in question but in which catagory do we stick pb markers. In one catagory fa is illegal in another it's not.

I think it's all pretty grey :rolleyes:
Because of the power of the paintball marker it is illegal, whilst an airsoft gun is legal

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
Paintball markers are a Cat2 firearm along with proper air rifles etc (not bb guns, airsoft etc).
To own a fully auto gun in the UK is Illegal !
To use a fully auto gun in the UK is illegal !
To sell a fully auto gun in the UK is illegal !
There is no "conflabbing" with the home office about right or wrong as it is current law "NOW"
"If you are caught with one of these guns then you will go to jail and be made someone's bitch before the end of the first day"
I may not agree with current laws, but they are just that "LAWS"
It will only take someone to be seriously injured by a numpty using a fully auto gun and there will be a massive knee jerk reaction by all governing bodies and you can kiss goodbye to the current freedom that you are allowed with your gun, you would have to be licensed at the very least, remember the hand gun reaction after hungerford? i know that's a bit dramatic but if the wrong incedent happens at the wrong time then we'll all be stuffed and that will kill our sport, just because of some moron trying to bend the rules, a decent marker shouldn't need any assistance in any form, if you can't shoot quick then practice more, fully auto, assisted, call it what you want, it's all cack ! :mad: