Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Got my Ion today....

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
I'm not being argumentative about this but :
...how can SP or Planet do a recall (I mean where is their incentive to put themselves to the financial sacrifice) when it's perfectly legal to buy a ramping board in the UK which allows burst firing
Surely seeing our sport banned and then losing all their customers and maybe even being prosecuted for supplying automatic weapons would be incentive enough?
Or is it all about making a quick buck and they don't care about the sport ?:(

Pump'n'Splat

Ambassador of BOING!
Nah, argumentative is fun :) As i mentioned i'm actually in agreement that any form of assisted fire shouldn't be available in the UK, an BPS should be down to individual skill. My posts here are just trying to point out that they are available, and that it's not as simple as the law saying it's illegal.

I'd say the likelihood of a prosecution down to an "assisted fire" moded board is considered of sufficiently small risk to be able to sell the markers in that state. And I wouldn't bank too much on a company's loyalty to a sport being stronger than their loyalty to hard cash (though there are companies out there that are more ethical, and i'd like to think that planet and wdp are those kind).... but have you ever seen the "recall" equation as quoted in the film fight club?

It's a good point though, perhaps one that could be forwarded to companies such as those that market the pbadvantage board in the UK.