The Home Of European Paintball

Greg Hastings Maxed, Where to get it?

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
Originally posted by john251282
Nintendo has lost the plot. Have your heard some of their recent press releases. OMG some of them are crazy.

Microsoft is going to take over now, and when you have a multi billionaire backing them who would bet against them.
MS take over Nintendo....no......frigging.....chance, will never ever happen and i bet my left testicle on it..

Nintendo are incredible, the one company that gives a damn about games and creating awesome content and ways to enjoy them. The dont have some high and mighty concept of taking over our lives through an all singing all dancing box of same old same old tricks.

Nintendo are the trailblazers of the industry, where they go, everyone else follows. Interface and the way we play our games is the next big thing, all these pretty filters and consoles that look like sandwich toasters (*cough* ps3) just wont wash with the great untapped market of non gamers out there. Nintendo means to push the way we play forward, not just consolidate and emulate the film industry (snore)

Nintendo have never really been that much at the top in europe, the US and Jap is a very different story. Don't take you impressions of the company over here as applicable in the world market.

Nickyboy

Jan 6, 2005
Sunny Bournemouth
^ I agree to a point.

Nintendo own a brand base like no other, and the only thing to come close to Mario was Sonic.

Although john251282 was right in his prophecy, I also believe that there can only be one, and it will be Microsoft or Sony. Nintendo in the next ten years will take the dive like Sega, when they can no longer keep up with the shear amount of cash thrown at the home entertainment market.

Soon comes the media centre that will run your lounge and hopefully long gone are the days where I have to buy a Nintendo console just so I can play four player Mario cart.

I'd like to think that Nintendo could keep it going in some format, like Atari have, but time will tell if they get bought out or fold due to money throwing competition.

It's a shame that maxed is not out with the launch of the 360. wasthatallabout!

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
wow, somone who seems to have a clue :p

I agree with you also, i think over time nintendo MAY struggle and have to merge but it sure as hell wont be with MS..... Maybe Sony, maybe Sega...... who knows

But i think writing them off for wanting to try 'crazy' things and push the boundries is moronic, blinkered and ignorant.

SteRoberts

Pugwash
Apr 1, 2004
Wolverhampton
im still hoping for shenmue 3, to make the blur between tournaments go that bit more faster.

Maybe in the long run at worst Ninty will just push less at usa and europe and just serve their loyal japanese brothers ... or something like that.

john251282

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Bristol
www.google.co.uk
Sorry I think there has been some confusion I did not mean MS takeover Nintendo, i meant MS will take over the games industry.

It is likely that some way down the line Nintendo will just go belly up could be 3 years could be 15 who knows.

So Maxed is out on 360 release date. I have a pre-order with amazon, god speed.
Also as far I know there are no plans for the latest greg hastings to work on 360 certainly not on launch date.

Maybe in the long run at worst Ninty will just push less at usa and europe and just serve their loyal japanese brothers ... or something like that.
That would be a very bad sign as soon as this happens all the big developers would instantly lose interest and move on to the big money makes and hence consoles from MS and sony.

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
big developers? nintendo? All their hits are in-house games, like Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Starfox, etc. They don't need no stinking developers (lucky for them).

john251282

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Bristol
www.google.co.uk
They did have had outside developers such as Rare (goldeneye, perfect dark, and various platformers IIRC) but they have moved one.

As far as I am concerned the N64 was the last console they ever made. It had gave competition the other consoles.

I just hope those that want 360s for xmas put their pre-orders in early or they will have to pay over the odds on ebay to get one or wait till after xmas and probably new year for the next shipment to come through

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
Originally posted by john251282
They did have had outside developers such as Rare (goldeneye, perfect dark, and various platformers IIRC) but they have moved one.

As far as I am concerned the N64 was the last console they ever made. It had gave competition the other consoles.
Are you on crack? No really....
The Gamecube is an awesome system, so many great & exclusive titles, far superior and a great deal more successful than the N64 was. N64 only pulled its nose dive up slightly when the pokemon craze hit but generally performed badly outside the US.

Also Rare wasn't strictly an outside developer, they were a 2nd party as Nintendo at the time owned 49%, with the Stamper brothers owning the other 51%.

I recomend you check you figures, the GC, GBA and DS have a lot more 3rd party support than the N64 EVER had. This was due to Nintendo following the SNES era where a lot of piss poor licences and lacklustre software came out, they became very stringent on who it allowed to create titles. When the N64 was in developement in its Project Reality and Ultra64 stages nintendo created a very closed group of 3rd parties called the Dream Team and only gave them full access to the development libaries. In the latter stages when the system was on its way out Nintendo flung open the development doors and lo and behold lots of poorly developed ****e got churned out by bad publishers after a cheap buck.

john251282

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Bristol
www.google.co.uk
I count the GBA and DS as different areas Nintendo is still competitive on the mobile gaming bit.

However what I meant was that GC was when there ideas about what was going to happen to gaming started going wrong. Such as their insistance that they will not offer online gaming, which will almost certainly play a HUGE role in all future gaming especially after the success of xbox live.

There were some good games on GC but there are huge numbers of kiddy games starting with the dred Mario Party series which seems to go on for ever almost uptp mario party five million IIRC :). This would attract a lot of younger gamers and more importantly their parents because it is cheap(in comparision to PS2 and Xbox) and lots of cartoony style games.

And of course there were other outside developers for N64 such as EA and their desperate need to bring a new footy game out atleast once a year.

I think we should just put this arguement to bed now though given we have both agreed that Nintendo will slowly move into the shadows and eventually leave the home console market, though they may stay in the mobile market for much longer.