Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Grey import mass orders

Big Mac

My Custom User Title
Oct 19, 2006
York
well it depends what you are looking for.

there are plenty of threads that give paintball shops

try www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk - they dont have everything but if you email andy then im sure he might be able to get something sorted for you - no harm in asking

just support the uk companies. not going to say anymore cos i will just end up arguing and getting banned

speedbird_666

Old Skool Is Cool....
Feb 1, 2003
Bournemouth.
simple answer - look at other uk shops - there a plenty about. just paintball does seem quite expensive to me ( no offence intended) but there are cheaper alternatives some shops cheaper for certain things than others just shop around before you go to the u.s.
I think this line of debate should be move over to a more appropriate forum (SYB?) as we seem to be going off on a tangent with this one.

Mods?

Rider

scottishwarriors.co.uk
to be honest with the exchange rate at almost $2=£1 you'd be hard pushed to find anything cheaper over here.....
if your picking up small stuff from the states you can get in under the import duty value bracket, and postage is usually reasonable.
for larger value stuff it can be more problematic - the value after import duty and VAT, plus the handling fee for the shipping (around £10 for parcelforce worldwide) you have to think twice over whether it really will be worth while ordering from the US.

on grey imports - to keep on topic - the profit margins can be really small, or if you cn get a supplier to downvalue the good for tax evasion purposes, very big.
at the end of the day, it is not just the shops that are hit by these, but our economy too - think on that.

I am very glad to see this post thanks alot Beaker and Co.

The small companies that this rule enforcement should benefit are the key to growing the sport in the UK long term.

The only way to put money back into UK paintball is to buy from these guys. Aside from paying for services like this lovely forum, or the UKPSF, the bigger these companies get the more power they will have to attract new blood into the sport and ultimately raise the standard of UK paintball as a business and a sport.

When you import from american companies, you are helping grow US paintball, and lets face it they dont need any help from us.

I hope both businesses and customers realise this or the gap between the UK and the rest of the world will only get bigger.

TheGurkha

WeSellCookers
Mar 15, 2006
BIRMINGSPAM
www.facebook.com
UK PB shops are waaaaaay overpriced.... maxxs sport
sold all those shiney JT gogg parts at CC for a tenner a piece.

JUST have only 'JUST' recently got these parts in, and they're over £25 a piece! MAYBE, JUST maybe, if the UK shops lowered their prices to something more reasonable, people would willingly use them! its simple.

Just sell White JT F8's for £70. last person i know that oredered anything from there, it took months to arrive (bout that, eh loosebree?)
OR I can get them for $64, plus tax, and wait a short while? hmmmm....

these shops that CLAIM to be dealer, really should look at customer satisfaction. IF its the case that they really cant get products cheaper, then they should contact manufacturers and re-organise the prices they are paying for kit.

Sandan

Carlos
Sep 17, 2006
Wirral
i got into paintball last year and it fast became obvious that a lot of products are cheaper in the US, i am a firm believer in supporting the local economy but unfortunately when you're on a budget as i'm sure the majority of us are, the cheaper deal is always going to appeal. it seems this is another area where us british consumers are paying over the odds.
This same situation happened to the motorcycle industry in the 90's with grey and parallel import bikes flooding our market, the end result seemed to be everyone had nice new bikes, uk prices got cheaper and extra incentives were given for people to stay loyal.
As they say business is business.

can't argue with rule three though, it's a good rule i think :)

Lucky_Tech

Platinum Member
Aug 24, 2006
www.luckyeurope.co.uk
Then open a small company pay all the fees import stuf ligit pay the import duty and vat then see if you can sell it cheap????

Mikey yes id does effect us we have people to pay and we dont rip the country off!!!

how would you like it if we started bringing in mexicans to do your job for less money you would be annoyed if it put u out of a job now wouldnt u!!!!

do your group buys from uk companys and ask for a discount..

or we could just start reporting people to the customs office see how much you end up paying out then........

WOODY LOKI

Has been.
Oct 25, 2006
St neots
bigger

the only way we as players in the uk are going to get our equipment cheaper is by bringing more and more people in to the sport and forcing it to become as main stream as some of the uk's more well know sports.
this in turn means more shops/fields opening and pricing wars between companies giving the end user better deals to attract a sustainable business.
I personally would'nt put money in to the USA's economy, doesn't mean that those who choose to buy from cheaper countires are doing wrong just showing enterprise.
i'd rather build a relationship between myself and a site owner and a shop here in the uk, and lets face all of the paintball shops have some way of doing you deal (unless you only internet shop).
if the guys that are importing loads from abroad where to set it up as a legit business in the uk they would have to sell at rrp anyway.
just say to yourself " if he's selling it at that price, how much did he buy it for"

rant over

increase the peace shot the opposition.:D