Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Grey import mass orders

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
As you seem well informed Mr Buddha what's your take on items manufactured in the UK? I understand that the tax is silly on the "Finished product" so it's cheaper to export, finish (anno) then import, or something like that. So it still works out that The Americans will pay less than us for something manufactured on our own soil.

(Also do you have any good leads on a Cardinals Jersey? ;))
Let's say that the basic prive for an item is the same in the US, as it is here. We will still be some 15+ % more expensive, given our much higher tax rates (as you rightfully point out).
Plus there is the problem of having to pay your staff here, and European staff ain't cheap.
I can't tell you what the rules in the US are, if you want to import something from Europe, but I doubt they charge as much in taxes as we do.
Also, you'd have to hit the US market at bottom prices, otherwise you won't sell a single gun there, given the relatively low prices of guns there.
Don't forget that much work on guns that are sold as made in the US, is often done in cheap countries. "Hecho en Mexico" and such, only the final assembly may have been done in the US. Less expensive labour = less expensive guns.

Cardinals jersey? www.nflshop.com ;)

The_neB

#42 Sneaky Snorkels 2
May 14, 2006
Lichfield, Staffs, UK
wow - u all seem rather foolish - the simple answer is - u wanna be part of the uk paintball scene then support it

when u're kit brakes who are u gunna want to fix it?

some guy in the states or a local company - if we keep buying stuff that's been imported our local companies will go bust. Then when u next need a new hopper shell cos u'res broke during practise and u have a tourny at the weekend u aint gunna get 1 as there won't be anywhere to sell u one.

u'll have no local company no forums n why because u stopped paying them money n baught it off some jackass who thought he'd make a bit of cash on the side cos he wasn't hurting any1

i buy my stuff from uk shops - i don't care about the latest bling bit of gear from the US but if i did i'd be willing to wait till Lips or whoever got it in, why cos next time i need something quick or next time i have an issue with something and i need to exchange it i know that they'll be there to help me out

support the guys who have been supporting our industry or we won't have one

sorry for the ramble i only planned to write the first couple of lines just got carried away

Ben

The_neB

#42 Sneaky Snorkels 2
May 14, 2006
Lichfield, Staffs, UK
if you look at the time i posted n consider the fact i'd just finished a 9 hour shift at work i'm sure you will agree that some slight foolishness is permissable on my part ;)

ben

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
ok i am off to the beach next week and well :eek: let just say :rolleyes:
am going shopping
:D now what about when i get board and start to sell stuff
will i be frowned upon :rolleyes: