Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

ground pounder vests?

icejohn

Sep 24, 2006
hi all, not sure if this is the right place on the forum to ask this.

But are the empire ground pounder protection vests a good idea? Anyone used one? Can you recommend them? Are they tounie legal? (apparently they are)

For the guys who do have them how much protection do they give you assuming you get lite up like a light house? on scale 1-10 and ten being black brusing and a loud shout factor involved.

If you are wearing one do you sweat like $pefile in mother care? or do they breath ok.

Finally would you recommend them and for what reasons?

I have been playing a while and find that i am more prone to "stay down" as it were than making a sneaky dash because of the fear factor.:) of pain. lol

If these improve your game i might get one.

pyroLX

Kowabunga Dude!
Oct 14, 2007
Athens, GR
I got an empire vest.. it does add some protection, but wont save you from the pain when getting bunkered hehe. It does give some bounce, but you wont see a huuuge difference. IMO its worth for the psychological aspect of feeling more protected and therefore playing more aggressively etc.

But that might be me :)

icejohn

Sep 24, 2006
proto vest

mmm just had a look at the proto vest, thinkin it a batman thing lol.

Bloody hell looks rediculious but am thinking it looks kinda solid. If you get raked from 10 meters do you still hurt? (assuming they all hit the vest);)

looks like a flat choice between the proto and empire. on pbreview the empire has the higher rating. When it comes to taking shots at the moment almost always i get hit on my color bone =instant break would the padding give you a bounce assuming there was a bony part of you behind the pad. If not i cannt see an advantage to getting one as if you do a run and get hit you are still going to take paint and the vest might slow you down = more paint in your direction.

Bascially just need a personal opinion from someone who has one. Do they have the "I lost my vest and i cannt play paintball without it factor" so will be buying another one before i play again or not?

icejohn

Sep 24, 2006
take it you just wear sun screen on the beach

take it you just wear sun screen on the beach:D

Game

Doing men things to men in the woods atm
Nov 21, 2004
Dereham,Norfolk
ok then pain is not a option

yes the proto vest might help you out
like when the ***** shot me about 20 times in the back as i walked of the field

yes you still get pain but it does lessen it to a degre
you will get more bounces but not a huge amount but every little helps as they say

Tincs

retired from reality :-)
Nov 9, 2007
NEWQUAY
hello icejohn
i have a proto vest and yes it is a bit spiderman but more people wear these than you think...they do take a bit of getting used to as they are sleevless but i wear a lycra training top next to the skin then the proto over that ( no puns please) and will bounce quite a few balls ,there is also a body armour vest made by tippmann ( the a5 people ) not the other ones and this looks good as it has heavier padding and full sleeves but have not seen this in the field as yet......all the best john :cool: