Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

ground pounder vests?

pyroLX

Kowabunga Dude!
Oct 14, 2007
Athens, GR
Just something that happened 2 sundays ago

At a training session I got bunkered (oooh the humiliation :eek:) but both balls that hit me bounced. It was probably ****ty paint but still, getting a bounce from 1.5 meters away?

awesome.

phil-boy

UK Redskins
May 6, 2004
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
These tops are great, Got one and used it for the first time last sunday, kept me nice and warm and also had a few bounces. All in all a very good buy.

Only problem I had was that some team mates felt that with no playing top on that i looked like " The only Gay in the Village ",..................I can only hope that this was a compliment.

:rolleyes:

Kevy D

Retired, lol
Aug 6, 2007
Northern Quarter
I've only used the Proto one but I keep getting hit on the upper arms (no protection because it's sleeve-less) so the advantage that I can see from the pics of the Ground Pounder is the upper arm protection.

I'm considering one myself actually.

rusty56

cover your eyes and run
Feb 21, 2007
UK , Nottingham
is it me or does anyone else think these should be banned from tornys? i just find it crazy that organizers let people where something that is made for bounce factor, it kinda defeats the point tbh, and could potentialy change an out come of a game.

i know loads of peole who wear them and can tell me loads of occasions in tornys that they have helped them out with the odd snap shot or say if you where shot off the break and some padded shirt makes those shots bounce.

i think it just takes some of the skill out of the game

flame away, jack =)

balf

Mr Fantastico
May 20, 2006
Stealing Al's PC parts
is it me or does anyone else think these should be banned from tornys? i just find it crazy that organizers let people where something that is made for bounce factor, it kinda defeats the point tbh, and could potentialy change an out come of a game.

i know loads of peole who wear them and can tell me loads of occasions in tornys that they have helped them out with the odd snap shot or say if you where shot off the break and some padded shirt makes those shots bounce.

i think it just takes some of the skill out of the game

flame away, jack =)
You'd also have to ban fat people.

phoenix pete

paintballing karteka
Jan 12, 2008
i see your point, but then again you could continue to say well letts give everyone the same marker too,

rusty56

cover your eyes and run
Feb 21, 2007
UK , Nottingham
ahh but there is a differance,
i know i have been shot in the gut and its bounced because that area in general is quite bouncy for everyone but the vests have padding on the upper torso where you are more bony and more likely to get shot from snap shooting etc

meh i will just have to get one to even the odds =P

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association

flame away, jack =)
Well if you play any event that uses the Millennium rules you should not be allowed to use them.

http://www.millennium-series.com/downloads/rules.pdf section 9 equipment.

There will not be allowed at PA/Super 4 events, they are a training aid, not safety equipment.
If you are scared of getting shot play better, if you are not able to do that and it bothers you that much, take up Knitting.

Russ

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
Do what I used to do, get a load of t-shirts, and stitch them together at the collar. Hey presto, loads of layers that look like one.