Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Gs vs axe

snips

Feb 25, 2015
hi

At me moment I'm using a bt4 but I really do not like the ergonomics of it, I just find it too big and clumsy and feel lost behind it, also I don't like the offset hopper feedneck and as for shooting offhand no chance. I bought the marker without really looking into it and don't want to make the same mistake.

Last walk on I held an invert mini (gen3 I think) and loved the feel of it. I really like the ergonomic of it and the fore grip shape (being part of the marker not a stump or post).

Mainly looking at it for woodsball and using on semi not ramping to bps I'm not to worried with, I'd give speedball a shot but wouldn't join a team as can't give it proper commitment.

I'm looking at the gs version or the axe.
I like the feel of the old mini and know the gs is similar with upgrades and the axe is only slightly bigger.
Is the axe better than the gs and is it worth the extra £90 or would I be better off saving the money and putting it towards a super freak barel for example or does the axe perform so much better it's worth the extra. An alternative view is the Etha but I have never held one and don't know how the ergonomics compare

Can this post get any longer.

I'd look at buying new on the basis I would have the support of serving and warranty because from online reviews it seems empire don't like people pulling markers apart to try and fix them. Or is this all nonsense and secondhand is the only way to go!

Also on the small profile lines I'd be looking at a 48/4500 stubby tank.

If anyone's still awake let me know.

Spookls

pain is temporary pride is forever
Oct 21, 2013
Leicester
hi

At me moment I'm using a bt4 but I really do not like the ergonomics of it, I just find it too big and clumsy and feel lost behind it, also I don't like the offset hopper feedneck and as for shooting offhand no chance. I bought the marker without really looking into it and don't want to make the same mistake.

Last walk on I held an invert mini (gen3 I think) and loved the feel of it. I really like the ergonomic of it and the fore grip shape (being part of the marker not a stump or post).

Mainly looking at it for woodsball and using on semi not ramping to bps I'm not to worried with, I'd give speedball a shot but wouldn't join a team as can't give it proper commitment.

I'm looking at the gs version or the axe.
I like the feel of the old mini and know the gs is similar with upgrades and the axe is only slightly bigger.
Is the axe better than the gs and is it worth the extra £90 or would I be better off saving the money and putting it towards a super freak barel for example or does the axe perform so much better it's worth the extra. An alternative view is the Etha but I have never held one and don't know how the ergonomics compare

Can this post get any longer.

I'd look at buying new on the basis I would have the support of serving and warranty because from online reviews it seems empire don't like people pulling markers apart to try and fix them. Or is this all nonsense and secondhand is the only way to go!

Also on the small profile lines I'd be looking at a 48/4500 stubby tank.

If anyone's still awake let me know.
I had the invert mini ad was very happy with it and recently purchased the mini Gs and I have only used it once so far and I Can say I'm preferring the Gs it feels better and more comfortable but I would suggest you try and get some hands on experience with the Gs,axe and etha only this way you will truly find which is better for you
hope this helps slightly and good luck

roy2k14

FE
Oct 13, 2014
East Midland, United Kingdom
I like the Axe over most of the low end Mini Etha etc. The frame of the gun is ergonomically comfy for me and the maintenance or even re-assembly of the gun is easier than ever. Although the Axe doesn't have the soft layer of grip on the foregrip or the newer Empire on/off ASA, but it's definitely a gun for the big boys.

Reactions: AndyPandy

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
The gs is greater than the standard axe. I reviewed it for paintball magazine and all I can say is the gs made the axe largely redundant Unless your a big guy who needs a bigger gat. Your question should be between the axe pro and mini gs. In that case yes it's worth the upgrade but that's 200 quid.

AndyPandy

Jan 30, 2015
West Midlands
Hi... I'm using an Axe at present and my lad is using a Mini GS... Both are very capable gats... My preference is the Axe but I think that how it feels ergonomically... As a starter the GS is a great little marker... But as Big_Jim says the Axe Pro is something else... If you've got the cash to splash go for the Axe Pro

Reactions: roy2k14

snips

Feb 25, 2015
Yea the £200 jump for the pro is too much for my needs, that will buy pretty much any 4500 tank with change.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
They are both essentially the same gun in two different shells. One shell is small, neat and compact, and the other is slightly stretched out version of it. There are other differences, but that is essentially it. Both work the same inside. Its how they both feel in hand that counts on a decision.

snips

Feb 25, 2015
There should be a GS somewhere in the post!
Hope to try it out this weekend so hope it arrives tomorrow!

Reactions: Spookls