Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Guerrilla Air G3 reg gauge leak?

SupremeNinja

May 23, 2014
South London
Hi all,

I used my new Guerrilla 68/4500 yesterday for the first time and at the very end of the day my reg started leaking from behind the gauge. I've done a bit of googling and all I can seem to find is people taking about a little vent hole behind the gauge but I can't seem to see this on my G3 reg..

Does anyone know how to fix this? Does it require me taking the gauge off, or would it be an internal problem I can fix through the top of the reg?

Should I just send it back as I only bought it last week!?

Cheers!

MattC

Head of The CPPS Mole Correction Facility.
Nov 11, 2008
Feel free to send it back... however its an easy fix if you have an Allen key, the correct Oring and some common sense. Simply empty the bottle... insert the Allen key into the top of the Reg. Once the stem is removed you'll need to replace the Oring (which is tiny) on the stem itself. Put it back together and voila.

Only you know if this is going to be beyond you or not.... If in doubt, get someone else to do it for you.

SupremeNinja

May 23, 2014
South London
Feel free to send it back... however its an easy fix if you have an Allen key, the correct Oring and some common sense. Simply empty the bottle... insert the Allen key into the top of the Reg. Once the stem is removed you'll need to replace the Oring (which is tiny) on the stem itself. Put it back together and voila.

Only you know if this is going to be beyond you or not.... If in doubt, get someone else to do it for you.
I don't have any problems taking it apart but not sure if I have the correct size Oring. I'll have to double check.

Little annoying though as it arrived missing a burst disk and now the leak.

Cheers for the help!

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
Does the reg have 2 burst discs, it only has one burst disc then it will also have a vent hole which is there instead of an 1800psi burst disc, the vent hole is very hard to see until you know it's there. If it is leaking through a vent hole it means one the orings or the piston seat is failing or has dirt on them, either way the reg will need stripping down and servicing.

SupremeNinja

May 23, 2014
South London
Does the reg have 2 burst discs, it only has one burst disc then it will also have a vent hole which is there instead of an 1800psi burst disc, the vent hole is very hard to see until you know it's there. If it is leaking through a vent hole it means one the orings or the piston seat is failing or has dirt on them, either way the reg will need stripping down and servicing.
Hmm... When It first arrived last week it seemed to have a missing burst disk (1800) which I wasn't sure if it was missing or meant to be like that (it has 1800 written above the threaded hole) so I called Lips and Chris sent me out a replacement disk as he said the factory must have forgotten to put it in.

The leak seems to be coming from around the thread of the gauge though and not from a burst disk.

SupremeNinja

May 23, 2014
South London
Not sure if this helps, but this is how the bottle arrived.

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
I think you miss the point, if it has 2 discs (1800psi and 7500psi) then it doesn't have a vent hole. the vent hole is there instead of the 1800psi burst disc.

SupremeNinja

May 23, 2014
South London
Not sure if this helps, but this is how the bottle arrived.
I think you miss the point, if it has 2 discs (1800psi and 7500psi) then it doesn't have a vent hole. the vent hole is there instead of the 1800psi burst disc.
I'm saying it was sent without the low burst disk, I don't know if it was meant to be like that or not. So I got a new burst disk and screwed that into the 1800 hole.