Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

guille suits

J@mes

If in doubt, flat out!
Jul 11, 2006
Wakefield, West Yorks.
Isn't it the heel you have to camo? is that not what the elastic bands around the boot legs are for.

Can remember seeing a training session for the trainee sniper regiment of the army, they have to get so close with two spotters looking for them, and take a shot(blank) at a ping pong paddle (they changed the colour each time someone got a hit) with out being seen even while taking the shot. I can remember them saying you have to hide the heel of the shoe with grass (they didn't have full ghillie suits either)

James

Skeet

Platinum Member
Isn't it the heel you have to camo? is that not what the elastic bands around the boot legs are for.

Can remember seeing a training session for the trainee sniper regiment of the army, they have to get so close with two spotters looking for them, and take a shot(blank) at a ping pong paddle (they changed the colour each time someone got a hit) with out being seen even while taking the shot. I can remember them saying you have to hide the heel of the shoe with grass (they didn't have full ghillie suits either)

James
Well usually, the toe end and ball, will be in the undergrowth. But I would not take the chance, so camo the whole sole. Or buy boots with camo soles.

How can you take a blank shot at a ping pong paddle?

What they do is. After having X mins to get to cover within a specified area. The examiner will hold up letters, numbers, coloured cards etc at different times and the sniper has to quote which ones in the right order afterwards, to show that he had sight of the Examiner (the target).

They have to take blank shots and teh examiner will look for any sign of the shooter. He will then direct a walker to where he thinks the sniper is.

The walker may hold a ping pong bat out so as teh examiner can see it, in relation to where he thinks the sniper is, if the walker is in heavy cover.

When used properly, a Ghillie suit is an awesome bit of kit. No "bought" suit can compare to a hand made suit, unless you are after thermal imaging protection, for which you can buy suits, but they don't look as good as the hessian ones. What the guys do, is then cover that suit with hessian strips to offer a balance of the two.

I used mine when doing some hunting once and a "courting couple" who had strayed off of the Bridleway, settled down 4 feet to one side of me, in some long dry grass stuff and didnt know I was there. I waited till I had seen enough of her tits, then let off a shot..I think he did too...they were surprised and scared and I told them off for being on private property, while laughing.

J@mes

If in doubt, flat out!
Jul 11, 2006
Wakefield, West Yorks.
How can you take a blank shot at a ping pong paddle?

What they do is. After having X mins to get to cover within a specified area. The examiner will hold up letters, numbers, coloured cards etc at different times and the sniper has to quote which ones in the right order afterwards, to show that he had sight of the Examiner (the target).

They have to take blank shots and teh examiner will look for any sign of the shooter. He will then direct a walker to where he thinks the sniper is.

The walker may hold a ping pong bat out so as teh examiner can see it, in relation to where he thinks the sniper is, if the walker is in heavy cover.
yeah thats what they were pretty much doing, but they have to actually fire a shot (with blanks), they lost points if the spotter saw the flash. After taking the shot a examiner would ask them what colour paddle they shot at (as you said, they have a set amount of time to get so close before they can take the shot).

I'm in no way trying to argue with you skeet :) just putting my 2p in

James

Skeet

Platinum Member
They have to take blank shots and the examiner will look for any sign of the shooter. He will then direct a walker to where he thinks the sniper is.
Like I said then!:D

Yeah. They need to make sure that any foliage around the muzzle, is far enough away, so as to be disturbed as little as possible, by the muzzle blast.

You won't usually see a flash, as many Sniper rifles use a silencer, even if they aren't using Sub Sonic ammo, or have a flash suppressor fitted.

The other thing is to disguise the shape of the optic. Normally, this is done by partially obscuring some of the lens, but you can also get a honey comb like thing, which fits in front of the lens, so it doesn't reflect light, but still offers near perfect image quality.

nat

Sep 22, 2004
uk
www.teamsnatch.co.uk
I used to use womens tights stretched over sight optics to stop sun light reflection,this would still let plenty of light into the objective lens for good image quality.

Smoke from the muzzle blast is reduced by using a dry barrel (oil swabbed out of the bore).clean,clean,clean.

Skeet

Platinum Member
I used to use womens tights stretched over sight optics to stop sun light reflection,this would still let plenty of light into the objective lens for good image quality.

Smoke from the muzzle blast is reduced by using a dry barrel (oil swabbed out of the bore).clean,clean,clean.
Ideally you should never shoot an oily barrel, ever...so yes, clean barrel will reduce smoke.

Modern propellants are fairly smokeless anyway, compared to Gunpowder and Cordite.

You only really get muzzle flash, from overloaded or high capacity loads.
The flash, is powder that is still burning, leaving the barrel.
This is inefficient and damages the crown of the rifle.
Ideally, you should only load as much propellant as you can fully burn, within the length of the barrel.