Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Guitar Hero Anyone?

Skeet

Platinum Member
Looks yum.

Has the Gibson Bell shaped truss rod cover...what does it say on there?

Look on the back of the head stock too..should be a serial number pressed into it.

Reason I say so, is because...a real Gibson, like that would cost, literally hundreds if not thousands of £££...in which case you have a generous mother, a lucky buy, or a copy...

P41ntb4ll3r

GOOD MORNING VIETNAM!!
Apr 10, 2007
wirral
i dont think it is the real shiz. becasue i asked her if i could lend money to by an 07 but the answer was "no". so i dont think she will splash out about £4,000 to get me a les paul lol it is most definatly a les paul copy but sounds the shiz!

Disco ECI

EastCoastIrritant.
Sep 18, 2004
Red light district of Effingham
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u73/balfanater/Thegibson.jpg

There you go, It's not really discernable unless you have the comparative 03 finish by the side of it, but that is an 01 heritage cherry sunburst on an 03 standard with the 50's neck

edit - to keep things vaguely on track, guitar hero is crap...yes I am only saying that because can I hell play it, not enough butrtons, I'm trying to solo and slide down the neck to nothing, it doesn't register hammer-ons, tapping, all my favourite techniques, lost :(:(:(
Yeah you dont use the whole neck but hammer ons and tapping are ever present in the hard and expert modes, i surgest you check out a video of Through the Fire and Flames by Dragonforce on expert on youtube and you will be amazed.

balf

Mr Fantastico
May 20, 2006
Stealing Al's PC parts
Yeah you dont use the whole neck but hammer ons and tapping are ever present in the hard and expert modes, i surgest you check out a video of Through the Fire and Flames by Dragonforce on expert on youtube and you will be amazed.

But I can play it (well pretty much it all) I don't need the approval of my 360 too(not that it would give it to me anyway because I suck) I'll stick to my 6 strings and 22 frets.

Skeet

Platinum Member
Ooo not bad, how long ahve you been playing may i ask?
The only difference between that one and your one, appears to be teh shape of the machines...yours are sort of "sheild" shape, the others a half round.

So I would say its a copy...but looks the part certainly!

I dont play, I "play"...meaning...a couple of months of arsing about with an acoustic...looking to get an Electric to arse about further...

SteRoberts

Pugwash
Apr 1, 2004
Wolverhampton
I only made 17% on dragonforce TTFATF, and i play guitar :s. - Guitar hero is a good laff :D, but nowhere near as good as playing the real one, or pissing about on stage like a red bull powered zebedee! :D:D.

Onto guitars, im an ibanez man ... but i got my first REAL amplifier this year, Marshall JVM410 half stack, :D. Downside, i think it pwnd my hearing :eek:. lol

P41ntb4ll3r

GOOD MORNING VIETNAM!!
Apr 10, 2007
wirral
i think all guitarist's play like that lol. i have been playing for about 1 year now and i have taught myself everything i know. i mainly only do it in my spare time, don't really go out my way to play it.

GH is an alright game it just get realy boring. have you seen the slash solo's there amazing :D

SteRoberts

Pugwash
Apr 1, 2004
Wolverhampton
Skeet - The guitar market has never been better to get into playing electric guitar Even Asda do £50 deal with an amp (though dont touch it, its probably horrible!)

IMO Its worth spending a couple of hundred on a nice guitar that you wont outgrow too quickly I got a nice Ibanez SA 260 for around £250 as a spare for example, its really nice (i started playing with a fairly horrible Squier bullet Stratocaster).

And there is no substitute for going down some shops and trying some for yourself, there are lots of types of guitars for a reason. There seems to be a wealth of knowledge around here, but if you want another brain to spurt oppinions at you, then drop me a line hehe :)