Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Gun Control

Jones the Paint Magnet

All the gear - no idea
Dec 19, 2001
Croydon/East Grinstead
Visit site
I don't think there was any question of the bank not following proper procedure - what was intended (and why I cited it) was that you would not expect a bank of all places to be offering this deal. Maybe this struck more of a chord with the UK audience - obviously if you're a hunter and you have the deer to hunt, getting a deer rifle is far more useful than a toaster. The moment the UK banks offer me an E-mag to start an account you bet I'm switching. :) Poorly made point by me.

I've not come across inaccuracies with Moore before (he's fiendish at research). I thought the point of the title was that the kids skipped the bowling class and so that's as good a motive as any other reasons flying about as to why they did it? Perhaps I missed something or am confusing it with a post-release interview, but that was my understanding anyhow.

I know people are passionate about gun ownership in the US and I said that if I lived there I'd apply for a permit myself - for the same reason you allude to. Fortunately as guns aren't proliferate in the UK, I can deal with most calamites which might befall me with my usual method (running away). :D

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
On the News

So new laws include no Air powered weapons for under 17 year olds.
I assume this includes Paintball Markers?

Paul

p.s. .... or has this always been the case?:confused:

northern monkey

token northerner
Aug 13, 2002
The Mighty 'Ford!
Visit site
As with all rushed legislation the devil will be in the detail.

Paintball will probably not even be in the minds of the people drafting the law to ban airguns in a public place, but unfortunately the law could inadvertantly cover markers aswell.

Would marshalls on a site be able to provide the required level of adult supervision for 14 to 17 year olds? We will just have to wait and see.

QuackingPlums

Go get a wee-mee!
Oct 30, 2002
Docklands, London
Visit site
Hmmm... so are markers categorised as "air-weapons" or not? Because this article, which was published today, says that even carrying them without good excuse will be made illegal, and the legal age for using them will be raised from 14 to 17.

Considering the comment in the article about "toy guns" I can't see how paintball markers would be excluded from this? :(

Jones the Paint Magnet

All the gear - no idea
Dec 19, 2001
Croydon/East Grinstead
Visit site
"reasonable excuse" being going to or from a walk-on/tourney/training day one would imagine, or just having purchased a marker from somewhere or taken it for repair. Other than that there's not much reason to be carrying one anyway, save for mischief. (Cue infinite posts detailing exceptions . . .)

Assuming all this tourney ID card business gets sorted (if it hasn't been already) then what better form of ID to show that you have a legitimate purpose for carrying a marker? Your membership shows (in theory) that you are a responsible user.

I used to get stopped when carrying my fencing equipment as it has a rifle-shaped bag. Despite fencing swords being blunt and extra bendy (otherwise you end up with a lot of injured people in a competition, which defeats the point of having one :p ) I still got a lot of comments about "offensive weapons" until I waved my Amateur Fencing Association licence at them. Similar situation with Chinese Swords, Staff and my BCCMA license - it shows the police that you are part of a registered club and also have insurance to cover accidents - most bobbies I've talked to seem to appreciate this and take it as a sign you're a responsible individual.

TonyF

Swarm
Sep 22, 2002
Essex
www.swarmpaintball.co.uk
Originally posted by JohnJ
The home office are fully aware of paintball markers and do not see them in the same class as air rifles.
The home office may not see them in the same class, although I find this hard to believe, as the home office will group things together just to make thier life easier. I remember only a few years ago battling to save B.O.A.T.'s (byways open to all traffic) from being regraded to footpaths/bridleways (to make life easier for councils) with absolutly no effect!
But the LAW does see air weapons and paintball markers as the same, and your average police officer/judge will always go by the letter of the law. Until paintball markers are given a seperate dispensation within the airgun laws they will continue to exist as air weapons.