Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Gun rental upgrades worth it?

bobsy852

Aug 17, 2015
Hi All,

I went paintballing this weekend for a stag do at Delta Force in Surrey, and I'm due to go again somewhere in the North West in a few weeks.
I used the standard Inferno Mkii this last weekend and found it wildly inaccurate. I wondered if the M16 replica is worth paying the extra for? Are they more reliable (went through about 5 different Inferno guns in the final game of the day) and more accurate?

If there's not that much difference I won't bother upgrading, just thought I'd ask some experts before I go again!

Thanks!

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
The M16 replica upgrade gun is still a basic mechanical gun underneath, it won't shoot any better (unless it's brand new that is), i personally think they will get less maintenance than the infernos due to having the body work on them so they could be worse.
Next time you go just make sure the inferno you're using is always clean on the inside, check to make sure there's no paint inside the breech and barrel, if there is this drastically affect the acurracy, if there is get a marshal to clean it out for you.

Last edited:

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Upgrades are again increasingly offered by sites as a 'value added' offering to increase the margin.

Though paint prices are relatively high and are relied on by sites for the income people are still attracted to paintball by the advertised cheap entry prices (the loss leader). People either come and go with or without extra money in their pocket
Extra sales such as grenades and gun upgrades are extra profit to the site

The player gets the mental upgrade of a 'better' gun, and may be 'feared' by the opposition. If it enhances the experience then it's vfm to the customer going home at the end of the day

But basic site guns have evolved over the years and as mentioned earlier are simple to maintain
The upgraded gun could be in better condition due to less use and abuse, or in lesser condition due to basic maintenance

The true upgrade to a rental gun would be barrel matching

dfr350

Sad but true
Apr 22, 2007
Bracknell UK
As bod said the best thing you can do is check the barrel for paint residue and get ti cleaned if there is any. If you have any friends with spyder markers the infernos take spider threaded barrels If I remember correctly ;)

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
If you have any friends with spyder markers the infernos take spider threaded barrels If I remember correctly ;)
That depends on how old they are, they started out using their own thread and then changed to spyder threaded barrels.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
For rental days forget about gun upgrades, barrel bore matching and paint consistency / accuracy.

Follow these top tips:

1) If the choice of site hasn't already been made, research the area and ideally book an independent site

2) Check for advance deals and prebook inclusive paint, eg get a better price by pre-ordering 500 or 1000 paintballs

3) On the day never buy 100 paintballs. Check the price structure and buy at the optimum price, usually as a bag of 500 paintballs. If it's later in the day / you already had a pre-order as at (2) then buy the 500 to split with a mate

4) Run around like demented idiots shooting anything that moves

5) Retire to the pub and talk bollocks about the amazing battles

Follow the above for a guaranteed memorable experience
I'll hazard a guess that the majority of regular paintballers in the UK began by following steps 4 & 5 - the rest are too young to go to the pub

Aug 18, 2015
Depends on what gun you would be upgrading to, if it is more comfortable to hold and use then it may be but otherwise they are not worth the money

simone

Banned
Aug 18, 2015
I agree with what you are saying although it is worth upgrading most of the time if you can because it will make the day more enjoyable and the guns are alot better most of the time