Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Gun rental upgrades worth it?

simone

Banned
Aug 18, 2015
what would be the point, even though you would have more paint balls there would be a very smaller chance of hitting people more easily without an upgraded gun.

Aug 18, 2015
Yes that is true but having more paint would mean that you wouldn't have to worry about running out or limiting urself in game which would make the day more enjoyable

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I'll let you in on another secret of the seasoned paintballers .....

Yes, out guns are better because we take care of our own guns and maintain them, they cost 10 times (or more) than the rentals that you get, we agonize other advanced barrels - one piece vs two piece, carbon fibre, bore sizing, rifling, we bore match, over bore, under bore, fine tune efficiency, optimize velocity (even reduce velocity for a straighter shot), use top tournament paintballs, or go one grade down and let the fools break their overdraft for an elusive better ball.

However ....... Its a liquid filled ball, which no matter how perfectly formed has a join between two halves. No matter how straight we can make it fly it's ultimately going to curve - one side or the other or drop short

You rarely see a paintballers firing one shot at the opposition - they fire two or three, or a line. One of them should hit the mark, and burst

The one shot marksman either just got a lucky shot, or spent months in a field working out optimum adjustments and learning just how far they can predict a shot.
Which gives a clue - distance. The closer you get the less distance there is for the variables to pull the ball off target

In an open area you're fighting the wind, in the woods you have to get past trees and through long grass

Putting your money into extra paint lets you shoot more - and enjoy shooting them
Putting your money into a specific gun that you like the look or feel of makes you enjoy shooting it more

But get a little bit closer, get a little bit more adrenaline ......... See how much closer you can get ....... And get shot, then come back, and come closer and closer ...... And take your shot

ellie123

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
i have been to many paintball days like you are talking about before and i have never bought an upgrade gun because i have never felt like i have needed it, my friends brother got one last time we went and the upgrade was heaver and more difficult to move with, personally recommend you spend the money on upgrade balls

topgun

May 8, 2003
Tbh I always seen it as an upgrade for the kids. I worked in the places you are on about and they are bt 16's so not a million miles away from tippman 98 territory. Not worth the price they charge though. Spend the money on the ridiculous paint price instead.

dfr350

Sad but true
Apr 22, 2007
Bracknell UK
You will have more fun with more paint and not having to worry about how many balls you shot and if your going to have enough for the day than having a marker that looks like a m16. I just bought a tippmann bravo one second hand and its such a heavy beast even compared to my stock autococker let alone my proto reflex :eek:

joeslewis

Aug 24, 2015
Yeh the stock guns are better becuase although they don't fire quite as well there lighter and nicer to hold meaning you can run faster move more agilely and get closer to the other team