Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Gun Techs

Big Mac

My Custom User Title
Oct 19, 2006
York
You can tell if someone is a tech when you give them a busted marker and it comes back fixed.

Likewise you know someone is a jockey when you send them a busted marker and it comes back more busted.
what if they are a tech, you send them it, it gets fixed but they created a separate problem.

what if they are a tech, you send them it, it gets fixed but they created a separate problem.
Then they are a crap gun tech:confused:

The point I am making is the proof is in the pudding. If the person fixes your marker as well as others consistantly, without damaging / breaking it then I would consider them a reasonable tech for that marker.

At the end of the day most 'level 1' tech courses only cover the basics. Hands on experience allows you gain and retain more info than any tech course.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Then they are a crap gun tech:confused:

The point I am making is the proof is in the pudding. If the person fixes your marker as well as others consistantly, without damaging / breaking it then I would consider them a reasonable tech for that marker.

At the end of the day most 'level 1' tech courses only cover the basics. Hands on experience allows you gain and retain more info than any tech course.
Spot on.

It's about knowing how the markers work, how each part affects the others. It's not enough to just know that a certain o-ring cures "x" problem (anyone can read), you have to know why it cures it and what can be done to stop it failing.

Zorg

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2007
Staffordshire, England
www.void-online.net
I dunno a good tech could still create a problem he doesn't have the tools to fix, say unscrewing part of the gun... to find that that part is rotted/rusted away so can't be screwed back in... and he doesn't have the tools to fix it. A problem you didn't have before the tech had the gun, but one that isn't his fault.

Also aren't 08s more than £500 new normally? o_O

13th

ICE
Dec 12, 2006
Any Details on this eclipse tech course as all most of my team (including me) shoot egos.