Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Gun Waterproofing?

PBWill

Mar 18, 2013
England
Hi all, i was wondering about the best way to waterproof your gun, as the winters coming and i dont want to knacker out the board in my gat... any suggestions/ideas? or are the guns moderatly waterproof anyway?

Thanks

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
Unless you're going to be submersing it in water you shouldn't have a problem with it. The only thing i do in heavy rain is cover the porting along the top of my barrel with tape to keep the inside of the barrel dry.

BDswarveP

Jun 30, 2009
Yorkshire
Hi all, i was wondering about the best way to waterproof your gun, as the winters coming and i dont want to knacker out the board in my gat... any suggestions/ideas? or are the guns moderatly waterproof anyway?
dont put your marker in puddles, dont go swimming with it, dont go snorkeling with it.............

i live up north and dont bother covering my speed feed or porting and have had no issues with eteks, geos or egos, or going even further back, old tipmann egrips which are more susceptible to water ingress.

Reactions: H

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
I've never found the need in taping up the porting on my barrel. Makes the gun loud as all holy hell and I'm pretty sure getting rid of porting affects both the chrono reading and ball stability. Keep your gun undercover between games and quickly fluffy the barrel ahead of game on and everything is fine.

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
I've never found the need in taping up the porting on my barrel. Makes the gun loud as all holy hell and I'm pretty sure getting rid of porting affects both the chrono reading and ball stability.
All true which is why i only put tape on the TOP part of the barrel, the porting on the other quarters is left open, and you obviously chrono with the tape in place, and as i said i only do this in heavy rain any way.