Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Gym workout.

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
Tommeh said:
i heard that russian legion only eat salad an fruit to keep them selfs lighter an have more energy. because if you eat something like meat your stomach uses alot of energy digesting it.
I don't know, but I would doubt that?
If they wanted more energy they would eat high energy foods like carbs which don't take much digesting at all...
Salad & fruit is good, but it isn't muscle building & vegetarians sometimes have trouble getting enough protein, and I can't generalize but the few I know often complain of tiredness and lack of energy. is that common?

Just a pointer, amino acids (the base units of proteins) become available about 4 or 5 hours after you've eaten it, so if you eat then exercise 4 or 5 hours later supposedly you'll get the best results.

I remember watching a body building docu where the guy ate tuna shakes for breakfast...:)

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Mario said:
fetish eh pete? ;)
Eeeeeek no, but if you saw some of the things I have to eat to maintain my Adonis like frame you'd gag.
I'm not saying the meat I eat is undercooked but a good vet could possibly revive some of my dinners .....
:)

T

TendringLOEB

Robbo said:
a good vet could possibly revive some of my dinners .....
Well if you must insist on eating roadkill, Robbo. :p

in relation to the topic, I dont need the gym, I have inner beauty. :) ahem...

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
Tommeh said:
i meant before events rosie
Then I still think you're wrong :confused:.
Like marathon runners, they eat a lot of protein and fats to build up muscles and fat stores (and some salad and stuff, for vitamins and that) but 24hrs before the event they eats carbs to raise the glucose levels in the body.

Salad & veggies don't cut it in the sports world. I haven't seen their bodies obviously so I don't know what they eat, I just think it's unlikely...also given how much they train in a week they'd be exhausted.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Rosie said:
Then I still think you're wrong :confused:.
Like marathon runners, they eat a lot of protein and fats to build up muscles and fat stores (and some salad and stuff, for vitamins and that) but 24hrs before the event they eats carbs to raise the glucose levels in the body.

Salad & veggies don't cut it in the sports world. I haven't seen their bodies obviously so I don't know what they eat, I just think it's unlikely...also given how much they train in a week they'd be exhausted.

.....far be it from me to intervene in the affairs of wenches, but she's actually right on this one.
Anyway, let's face it, shouldn't they know everything there is to know about food since they spend most of their time in the kitchen .....or at least should do !!!