Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Gym workout.

hehe. immediately prior to a match, it would be inadvisable to have a 3 course meal, complete with carbs, protein a fats... a salad prob. would be fine! indigestion is a killer when ya diving for bunkers... as for workouts, i find lifting and stacking 18,000 -24,00kg per day, 5 days a week at work does well for a general muscle workout... as for cardio-vascular, im on 20 b&h a day, interspersed with various recreational smoking activities. i've got the lung capacity of an arabian stallion, with the directional sense of a dutch pigeon... :D

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
Soul Geezer said:
hehe. immediately prior to a match, it would be inadvisable to have a 3 course meal, complete with carbs, protein a fats... a salad prob. would be fine!
Tommeh said:
an yet your saying im wrong when its what i've heard rosie........... are you holding some sort of grudge agaist me since your stupid comments agaist me?
J.C Tommeh, you need to chill out. Holding a grudge, over a post??
Please, give me some credit.
Just because you heard it was right, doesn't make it the God's honest truth, does it?
& Pete knows them, you don't. Who do I trust when he says someone's right, hmmmmmmm?
I have never said I know I am right, but what I am saying has a scientific basis which I can quote from a book...if you can't stand to have someone try and falsify (ie, prove either way) something you write, then don't put anything.
I'm willing to be told I'm wrong about anything I write, as long as you have a sensible and provable comeback.

...as it is, it's too late to be arguing the 'toss' (geddit, geddit? :)) over salad.

Soul Geezer, having a 3 course meal isn't what I was suggesting...

...Hell, I don't care enough to explain, can we just get back to the original question please :D.

Tommeh

Reading Enity
Mar 20, 2005
Nr Bath
www.freewebs.com
i never said anything myself i just said i heard that russian legion eat salads an fruit before events to keep themselfs light an your saying im wrong im saying is what some has told me. look i don'y care jeeeez and i won't give you any credit for the way you been acting towards me.

JackRegan

yeah but, no but ....
Mar 10, 2003
London
www.paulregan.co.uk
john251282 - is your dissertation on Creatine supplementation available ? ..

you seem to hold interesting contradictory views to some widely acknowledged facts about training ..

john251282 said:
As I mentioned some athletes do require more protein ESPECIALLY bodybuilders because they use steroids.

However there have been hundreds of Medical studies done all over the world byt lots of different universities and all say that there is no advantage to eating more thatn 1.2-1.4 grams per kg body weight, (and exactly do you plan on getting joe bloggs to measure his lean muscle tissue??)
do you have reference links for these studies and I imagine links to prove that only Steroid users require additional protein intake ?

Theres a fair few Natural BB's out there that I'm sure would like to understand where they are going wrong.

And rosies's right - carbs = energy. wholegrain low GI before an event, and for some quick release simple ones (sugary crap).

john251282

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Bristol
www.google.co.uk
JackRegan said:
you seem to hold interesting contradictory views to some widely acknowledged facts about training ..
Which ones exactly!

And my dissertation is un published as data from it is going to a much bigger study.

And I also never said that only steroid users needed larger protein intakes. I just said that recommended intake would be about 1.2-1.4g/kg though some studies do quote upto 1.7g/kg, for people who are doing weigts training