The Home Of European Paintball

Gym workout.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Deker said:
Robbo.. do people actually drink tuna shakes??? I though it was a wind up when I was told about them.
Nope, a lot of serious bodybuilders do just that. You gotta remember, these guys aren't looking for culinary delights here, they are looking to ingest as much protein as they can in the easiest form they can take it.
Drinking is easy and that's why liquidising the protein (tuna meat) in the form of 'shakes' is the chosen method.

And no, I don't do that sh!t, I just drink protein shakes that taste like strawberry milk shakes , hmmmmm, yummy :)

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, I also inject four liters of horse steroids intravenously on a permanent drip set up to optimise my testosterone levels.

And trust me, there are no side effects ..................now where's that bale of hay?

john251282

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Bristol
www.google.co.uk
Research is a VERY difficult subject to look through especially when you don't know the full facts behind some of. Just as a quick example some of the first research done on HMB was funded by the guy that invented it and run in his lab. So surprise surprise they found it do be as effective as creatine(which as I have said is HIGHLY effective). And HMB is still being tested as it is a relatively new product and not much unbiased work is available yet, but some of it looks promising.

And yes I can be a bit arguementative and do like to put across my point. And in some places I might have over simplified to avoid having to use complex answers.

But still in terms of protein needs of Joe bloggs 1.7g/kg is the limit anything more than that you are normally just wasting. And most nutritionists and sports professionals would advise that and sometimes even lower. HOWEVER the timing of that intake and other things like that is a totally different matter they can have effects on gains etc.

Edit: Oh yer sorry for slow reply but was watching "Bring Back the A-TEAM". Which was great by the way especially interview with Mr. T!!!

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
john251282 said:
Research is a VERY difficult subject to look through especially when you don't know the full facts behind some of.

John, read, and re read that first line of your post ...... now ya see, there's the problem :)

Von Wehr

'Jabba Hut Love Machine'
May 17, 2006
wrong end of planet earth
Robbo said:
I'm afraid there is an opinion to be found on the net somewhere for almost every position you wanna adopt for any given subject.
:)
I'm quite interested in keeping my local off-licence in business by buying all its Marsbars and stuffing em down. This according to some magazine or other says i'm going to lose all my excess 'LOVE HANDLES'. Does someone want to burst my bubble and tell me it's all a load of boll-cks.;) ;) :rolleyes:

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Von Wehr said:
I'm quite interested in keeping my local off-licence in business by buying all its Marsbars and stuffing em down. This according to some magazine or other says i'm going to lose all my excess 'LOVE HANDLES'. Does someone want to burst my bubble and tell me it's all a load of boll-cks.;) ;) :rolleyes:

I think that must be the same magazine that Ledz once read re pizza ingestion :)

Von Wehr

'Jabba Hut Love Machine'
May 17, 2006
Robbo said:
I think that must be the same magazine that Ledz once read re pizza ingestion :)
You mean it works with pizza as well!!!!! I can just see it now, i'm gonna be a LEAN, MEAN LURRRVVE making machine. Give me a couple of weeks laydees, and then you know where to come and get some.;) ;):D

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Von Wehr said:
You mean it works with pizza as well!!!!! I can just see it now, i'm gonna be a LEAN, MEAN LURRRVVE making machine. Give me a couple of weeks laydees, and then you know where to come and get some.;) ;):D

I'm sure the laydeeeeeez of this world will now await baited breath for the unveiling of the new, slimline Von Wher .... but in the meantime, I might suggest they pay a visit to Ann Summers just in case their expectation isn't matched by your weight loss.
I mean, 5 minutes alone with a battery-assisted friend is probably a lot more attractive prospect than a night of luuuurve with Jabba the Hut :)

Von Wehr

'Jabba Hut Love Machine'
May 17, 2006
john251282 said:
LOL

And all I can say is I was tired when I posted

I'm tired too, but thats cos i've just got back from the offi with 10 boxes of marsbars and a pack of AA's.(dear john):rolleyes:

poofs are gay
a spade is a spade
and a rampant rabbit is every girls best friend (especially with spare batteries)

Lots of love from Jabba;) ;) :p