Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Gym workout.

PEBBLE

Toot de la fruit!
Nov 8, 2004

Just be anerexic (the smaller and thinner you are the less profile=harder to hit)

The Don

THE AGD GUY, THE MAG MAN.
Jul 27, 2004
YORKSHIRE
Visit site
ok ive not read all of this but i take great offence at this statment

"Sorry mate but you are wrong 99% of Personal trainers know very little. I have spoken to some whose ideas on training are actually laughable. And encase some of you are not aware you can become qualified personal trainer in 2 days with no previous experience"

ok first off it takes a damn sight longer than that to become a qualified personal trainer, now a gym instructor thats a different story. i trained bloody hard for two years and then had to take a professional qualification to be able to call myself a personal trainer.

i did catch the creatine debate, and for the record the body cant process creatine very well less than ten percent of that you ingest will be utilised, it does work (to some degree) but its not worth in for the majority of people.
as for protein drinks suppliments etc, dont waste your time, if your that serious about training you'll have already looked into your dietry needs and chosen a diet to suit your requirements.... right!?

if anyone actual wants so proper advice feel free to email me on matt@jamesdon.plus.com

noone has mention flexibility training yet, which would have a big effect on your game and keep you in one peice, ie less injuries. free weights are the way togo as your stablising muscles are recruted, which give give speed and strength, swiss balls are good for this too. and for speed/power you need muscle (look at sprinters), and of course a good cardio workout will be beneficial, but there little point in jogging away for hours if games only last 15mins with occasional burst. training needs to be specific. i can strongly recomend boxercise, circuit training, plyometrics and pilates.

Deker

#16 Official UK Gunwhore
as for protein drinks suppliments etc, dont waste your time, if your that serious about training you'll have already looked into your dietry needs and chosen a diet to suit your requirements.... right!?
I agree, most of us would get better 'results' fixing diets and training routines than relying on 'magic' supplements, supplements do work but as I think everyone will agree that you need to address a whole load of things before you need supplements for paintball.

john251282

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Bristol
www.google.co.uk
The Don said:
ok ive not read all of this but i take great offence at this statment

"Sorry mate but you are wrong 99% of Personal trainers know very little. I have spoken to some whose ideas on training are actually laughable. And encase some of you are not aware you can become qualified personal trainer in 2 days with no previous experience"

ok first off it takes a damn sight longer than that to become a qualified personal trainer, now a gym instructor thats a different story. i trained bloody hard for two years and then had to take a professional qualification to be able to call myself a personal trainer.

i did catch the creatine debate, and for the record the body cant process creatine very well less than ten percent of that you ingest will be utilised, it does work (to some degree) but its not worth in for the majority of people.
I am not taking anything away from PTs who have done some of the better courses which can be very difficult, all I was illustrating was that you can become "qualified" to some degree in only a couple of days. Its just like you can get cowboy plumbers and builders there are similar people in sport industry.

And the whole Creatine thing is much more complecated that as it is not based on a certain % being able to digest it is based on a certain quantity over a given time people. That is why you need to be given proper instruction on how to use it to gain maximum benefit from it.

The Don

THE AGD GUY, THE MAG MAN.
Jul 27, 2004
YORKSHIRE
Visit site
ok i take your point, but for someone to call themselves a personal trainer it does take more than a few days training. there are professional bodies who require proper qualifications. but almost anyone can call them selves a gym instructor, which i think is crazy, but thats part of the reason i left the industry. your right about the creatine, i just didnt think it was necissery to go into that much depth. :)

NorthIrish

Apr 30, 2005
Bristol
Visit site
Anyone into martial arts? Know the 'horseriding stance'? Stand feet together and rotate your heels out, keeping your toes together. Now rotate your feet on your heels so your toes are now pointing out. Again, keeping your toes in place, rotate your heels out. Keeping your heels planted, straighten your feet by rotating your toes out. Keep your feet fixed and, keeping your back straight thouughout, bend your knees to lower your body. Lower until your thighs are parallel to the floor and hold this position (you may need to extend your hands in front of you to balance yourself). Martial artists have been using this stance to build explosive power in their thighs for centuries.

Pylometrics are the way forward, but the key is explosive execution. Things such as burpees, tuck jumps, star jumps and squat thrusts will are help build explosive power, while giving you a cardio workout (don't rest between exercises). With press ups, go down slow and hold for 4 secs at the bottom, then explode up as far as you can. As your hands leave the ground clap once and land in the start position with bent elbows to cushion the impact.

If your really have to use weights, the perform exercises such as squats etc to build power in your legs again. Or practice your sprinting, up hills. Find the steepest hill you can and sprint up it, jog back down and repeat. When it becomes easy either find a steeper hill, or carry a weighted pack.

Finally, you can adopt the stance you would use when coming out of barricades to shoot and hold it, just to condition your body to holding this stance for a complete game if it comes to it. And practice moving in and out of barricades in the same way.

This is what worked for me. But remember to perform the exercises correctly, last thing anyone wants is to miss a tourney through injury, that sucks.....

NorthIrish

Apr 30, 2005
Bristol
Visit site
Now Tom, even you can't argue that I have a beautiful body. I know it makes you wet.

I rarely visit the pub, and only then for a soda and lime.

My local shop is a bargin booze, Carling etc at 50p a can, Caffery's even cheaper. I'm half drunk now, Dave's cooking me dinner.....

Ths took me ages to write, please don't make me reply honey.