Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Halo B Battery Usage

woodysan

Johnny Greenwood / Proteus
Nov 21, 2013
Manchester
Hey all,

I just recently bought a Halo B which was equipped with a Speed feed. Upon inspecting it I noticed it will use 6 AA batteries.

If I was to use this hopper for a day, would I need to bring/buy a lot of AA batteries, if so - would rechargeable batteries be OK to use?

Thanks,

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
It really depends on how much you shoot during a days play, i used to shove a fresh set in each day and use the ones i took out for other things till they went flat, bearing in mind you can buy 50 AA procells on ebay for around £15 that makes them around 30 pence each they aint going to break the bank. You can use rechargeable batteries but it will run slower ( rechargeable's are generally only 1.2 volts as apposed to 1.5 volts on normal batteries so won't be able to spin the hopper as quick.) and because rechargeable's hold a lot less current (mAh'rs) you may not get a full days play out of a set if you shoot loads.

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
Another option is to run it off a PP3 battery, though they typically hold less current than AA batteries they're the same voltage as 6 AA's. You would have to come up with a way of stopping it rattling around in the battery compartment though (i made a little foam case to hold a PP3 battery when i tried it).

woodysan

Johnny Greenwood / Proteus
Nov 21, 2013
Manchester
Another option is to run it off a PP3 battery, though they typically hold less current than AA batteries they're the same voltage as 6 AA's. You would have to come up with a way of stopping it rattling around in the battery compartment though (i made a little foam case to hold a PP3 battery when i tried it).
That's a good idea, I don't know why I didn't think of that. I'll compare them both with AA's and with the PP3 and see if there is a considerable difference. If not I'll swap to the PP3 and mod the battery case.

Thanks,