Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Halo B Issue

lemonadeX

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2006
(near) Southampton
Hi guys,

Just dug my Halo B out after a few months of not using it, plugged in my BONE pack but when I switch it on it only stays on for a couple of seconds before turning itself back off. Fitted with the stock Odyssey board, all connections are fine but there's a slight smell of burning from the motor =/

Any suggestions as to the best way to sort this out? Bit strapped for cash to buy new internals, but I guess the motor needs replacing and the board connections re-soldering to it?

Cheers,

Will

Andygoth

Phantoms are still cool
Apr 14, 2008
Stafford
Sounds like the motor, have you taken it all apart and checked its not the case or tray stopping the motor?

A second hand halo is probably not much more than just buying a motor, if you look for something with cracked shells.

infest

Old slow and covered
Jan 1, 2009
ashford kent
Hi guys,

Just dug my Halo B out after a few months of not using it, plugged in my BONE pack but when I switch it on it only stays on for a couple of seconds before turning itself back off. Fitted with the stock Odyssey board, all connections are fine but there's a slight smell of burning from the motor =/

Any suggestions as to the best way to sort this out? Bit strapped for cash to buy new internals, but I guess the motor needs replacing and the board connections re-soldering to it?

Cheers,

Will
could be battery packs has no charge if it comes on then goes off sounds like battery didnt take a charge its been cold where di you store it . if you can try a normal battery . and the motor could just smell from age . there was a guy on here selling motors for reloder b should fit be easy enof to find . think he also had boards as well .

lemonadeX

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2006
(near) Southampton
Thanks for the ideas, I'm running it off a BONE pack which I charged for ~6 hours beforehand - but not actually knowing how long a full charge takes I'm just gonna leave it on overnight and try it again.

burnzy1989

its time to make a solid stream line of paint
Jul 7, 2008
Shropshire
your contacts (bushes) in your motor are probably burnt out, how old is it ,and does it move freely . and try a new batterys first. hope this helps

infest

Old slow and covered
Jan 1, 2009
ashford kent
cheak battery with a volt meter i had mine die on me looking in to usein lipos as they have a wicked amount of amps to give and i could get a good sized one in where 6 aa fited .