Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Halo B problems

arg1271

All the gear, no idea
Apr 6, 2006
Mooching round the 50, with the flag
evening all

After using my halo b a couple of times I;m now getting some major issues with it and could use some advice, To give you the spec it's a stock board halo, with the two 9v lead mod in some suicide shells.

I've tried using a 4xbattery pack and a bone pack, both have been tested as work in my reloader so it's not a battery issue.

First, using the bone pack connected to either lead I can either get the green light to indicate it's active then nothing, no further lights and the motor does not spin, OR the red/green flashing sequence.

Using a the battery pack on either lead I get the green light to indicate it's active then a slow blinking red light which will change to a solid red light if I push a tissue into the feedneck to black the eyes, once again no activity from the motor.

In regard to the eyes should one of them be illuminated when the loader is on (like eyes in a marker)?

I've taken a look on the online manual and couldn't really see anything to help, likewise on the forums nothing seemed to match up with my fault.

All help appreciated

chris w

CPPS Ref.
Nov 13, 2007
Penkridge
www.facebook.com
for a halo the eyes don't light up, If they do then mines kaput.
when you turn the halo on it should just go green then start spinning.
press it quickly it should show a green light to say it's on, then hold it until its red and then release it will turn off, i think that is all the lights show, apart from a jam/battery low then it flashes. (forgotten the colours)
try spinning the ripdrive when it flashes.

perhaps you've taken it apart and maybe put the spring thing in the wrong way up?
OR the eyes are saying they're blocked, something in there - maybe not put back in properly

not too sure what the red/green sequence is :/ jam or battery low is the only time mine flashes

your board might be knackered?
see if a mate will lend you theirs and try it, see if it helps?

other than that i've got no idea!

hope it helps

cosworthandy

Jun 19, 2008
heywood
think my halo is kaput .sound board i think if u tap the board nothing works ,but if u tap the little mic it workes mint . can u buy them seperate .or as any one got a spair .

nat

Sep 22, 2004
uk
www.teamsnatch.co.uk
1/ Check the eyes are working/plugged into the board correctly.
2/ I would take the 2x9v wire harness out and connect 6x new AA's firstly! (green light should come on briefly then go out and motor spin until eyes detect a ball).
Also 4xAA's will probably not have enough voltage for halo boards, (only 6 > 6.5volts!).think cut off is 7.5 >8volts.
RED flashing= battery low
RED/GREEN flashing= anti-jam code kicking in.(dark shell paint can also course this!)

Woody.

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
think my halo is kaput .sound board i think if u tap the board nothing works ,but if u tap the little mic it workes mint . can u buy them seperate .or as any one got a spair .
Halo has eyes, Reloader b is sound activated:rolleyes:

arg1271, do as woody has said in previous post.
If that does not solve the problem, swap out the motor from your reloader. If it works, then theres your problem.

arg1271

All the gear, no idea
Apr 6, 2006
Mooching round the 50, with the flag
Update:

Took the hopper to bits - completely I no longer get any low battery warnings (flashing red) but I do get the anti-jam code kicking in.

What now happens:

eyes are removed from feedneck and are some distance apart, turn on hopper the motor kicks in straight away, move the eyes so that they almost touch, motor stops, move them apart and either the motor will start again or the anti jam code kicks in.
After that I can switch it on and off a number of times with the eyes close together or far apart and the anti-jam kicks in.

very odd as there seems to be no pattern to it. could the eyes be on their way out?

any ideas on price of a new set or where to get them?

ta