Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Halo B - Rip drive fitting

Andygoth

Phantoms are still cool
Apr 14, 2008
Stafford
I bought a second hand halo that came with a rip drive but no instructions.

Took the Halo apart, fitted the rip drive and everything went fine until I came to putting the drive cone back on.
No matter how much i fiddle with it I can't get the spring to engage.

I'm pretty sure I put it all back together properply. Inside the cup there is an E clip at the bottom, then the clear plastic little cup. the spring inside with the bottom prong against the lug in the cup. Then the cone screwed on top with the plastic lug on the cone against the top prong of the spring.

When I turn the cone the spring just pops off and the cone just turns round until its stopped by the lugs.

Have i missed something out or lost something?

I can't find a diagram of how it goes together or instructions for fitting a rip drive online.

Anyone help?

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Sounds like you are doing it right. Which is odd.

Are you rotating the cone clockwise? (with a view to lifting it over the lug when the spring is engaged)

Are you at Campaign? I can take a look there for you, or indeed anyone from KEE can.

Andygoth

Phantoms are still cool
Apr 14, 2008
Stafford
Yes I lift it slightly to take the cones lug over the bottom one taking the spring with it. seems fine when i move it with my fingers but when the motor is engaged the spring keeps popping off the lugs.

Andygoth

Phantoms are still cool
Apr 14, 2008
Stafford
Yes, got e clips on all the notches on the shaft. I'm begining to think the shaft is too long and the cone is sitting too high

Andygoth

Phantoms are still cool
Apr 14, 2008
Stafford
Well I sorted the problem with an O'ring under the spring cup to lift it so its tight against the cone, should temp fix it until I can get someone to have a look at it and see what I've put in wrong.